Need eGo-C replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd45

Jan 28, 2010
AZ
Have been happy with my eGo-C for about 6 years but recently found out the line has been discontinued. Still have 8 batteries (4 unused) but only 4 atomizers left.
Want something that I can use the batteries with; the glass clearomizer my niece gave me lasted 1 day in the shop (rolled off bench onto cement floor) so non-glass would be preferred.
Looking for simple!
Simple to fill, simple to replace atomizer (coil, whatever), simple to use.... I've used an eGo-C for 6 years so you get what I'm used to (I hope).
Suggestions?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
The ego head has a 510 connector in the center so you can technically attach it to just about anything. May look a bit odd though. They do or at any rate used to make ego-510 thread covers that have flanges so if you want to use say a 22 or 24mm cartridge tank it can be done.

Here’s a 22mm one eGo Thread Cover Type B Chrome

Another item you might want to look at is a kanger EVOD. Should vape about the same as your ego c and it connects to ego. Small bonus the cartridges are often a bit cheaper.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Have been happy with my eGo-C for about 6 years but recently found out the line has been discontinued. Still have 8 batteries (4 unused) but only 4 atomizers left.
Want something that I can use the batteries with; the glass clearomizer my niece gave me lasted 1 day in the shop (rolled off bench onto cement floor) so non-glass would be preferred.
Looking for simple!
Simple to fill, simple to replace atomizer (coil, whatever), simple to use.... I've used an eGo-C for 6 years so you get what I'm used to (I hope).
Suggestions?
Hi and welcome back
The New Eroll MAC:
The Joyetech Eroll is back!
Joyetech new eRoll MAC --- Lightness contains everything

Cheers
I

OldBatty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2014
North Georgia USA
MFS (myfreedomsmokes) still has EGO-C twist in stock for ten bucks. Sightly larger in diameter than what they were selling four years ago. Some local shops still have Kanger Evods in stock. Same diameter as old ones.

As Bombastinator suggests larger tanks with replaceable glass will fit in the 510 threads. Try FastTech for replacement glass. S L O W shipping but great prices... Just do not try to sub ohm on an EGO style battery. 1.6 ohm is safe (I have done it) Even 1 ohm will melt the little rubber gasket in the end:(

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Suggestions?

Since you have batteries...I'd get some of the Evod Glass clearomizers. Yes, they're a glass tank, but it's encased in an outer metal housing. There are only 2 visible slots for you to see the eliquid level through them. They're better than the regular Evods, IMO, because they take/use the KangerTech Dual Coils. The coils are still readily available for about $4-5/box of 5 (even less in larger quantity, from FastTech).

I have 3 new vapers each currently using 2-3 of the Evod Glass (for their different eliquids) while slowly transitioning over to vaping. Have also had 5 other newbies use them in the past, too. I bought 55 of them 2 years ago, for <$1 each from a vendor in China, when they were Clearancing them out. However, I've seen them still available on some US websites within the last few months.

dd45

Jan 28, 2010
AZ
Got my new Evod tanks tanks today. Coil died in my eGo so I decided it was good timing.
Surprised by the very light draw, better for DL than MTL, and the fog bank that obscured my monitor.
Already get used to that, and will probably get used to the different filling technique. (Got so I could fill the ego cartridge while driving, super simple.)
Thanks all for the recommendation!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Got my new Evod tanks tanks today. Coil died in my eGo so I decided it was good timing.
    Surprised by the very light draw, better for DL than MTL, and the fog bank that obscured my monitor.
    Already get used to that, and will probably get used to the different filling technique. (Got so I could fill the ego cartridge while driving, super simple.)
    Thanks all for the recommendation!
    They used to sell airflow adapters back then to tighten up the draw.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 25, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Oh how lucky you are. While you've been slowly depleting your atomizer stash, so many new products and technologies have come on the market. I think a visit to the vape store is in order to see, hold and sample all the new things. The staff will love it too, it will be as though a neolithic man emerged from a melting glacier and came to visit.

Reactions: Falconeer
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread