Need good salts for low wattage pods

Status
Not open for further replies.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Hi
I am new to pods (but Sub Ohm for the past 3-4 years starting with Kanger Mini Sub Ohm and sigelei 30 watt) and I am getting frustrated finding good salts.
I have Calibrn, Vladdin, Minifit, and Frenzy (also Uboat and Novo, but those are not good for me).
First of all, I am into fruity flavors with freebase 12 mg and trying salts 50 mg (as I am trying to substitute JUUL and Vuse Alto, the latter one is almost 60 mg).
So, one of the second choices for me (first was Solace 50 mg 60/40, and purchased this without any research) was NKD 100 (freebase is Naked 100) 50 mg 50/50. Caliburn can not handle 50/50, I taste NKD juice very often. Vladdin surprisingly mute, I can easy smell juice aroma 1-2 feet away, but low wattage is not enough for flavor for NKD, Minifit is about the same. Frenzy did not try yet, has to find extra empty pod.
Surprisingly Caliburn is OK with Solace (60/40), no spitbacks at all, Minifit is a bit worse, I think it needed 50/50 as it is very good with Halo Subzero salt (50/50), Vladdin is also better with Solace, go figure.

I am at loss here. Any recommendations for good salts (different VG/PG ratios if possible to accommodate all devices) to vape tastefully in those devices (which are more or less common, I hope). I prefer fruits, but if someone has good experience with other flavors, please share, as those brands might have fruit flavors as well.

Appreciate as always in advance.

P.S. Please, do not offer freebase flavors, as I tried with Naked 100/NKD 100 - what ever is good for freebase, is not always good for salts.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Please use the letters VG/PG not just numbers. Everyone does them in different order. You mentioned 60/40... old school starts with PG, new school starts with VG. Drives me nuts.

My bad. Agreed. VG/PG for me, new school I guess (I actually did mentioned it in the middle of my post, should have do so in the beginning).

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Checking NKD 100 (50 mg 50/50) with Frenzy SS coil. Better than the rest, no spit backs (Caliburn), but flavor still shallow.
Checking Atomic Salts Menthol and Halo Evo Spearmint both 50 mg 50/50 with Vladdin. Atomic is complete waste, almost no flavor, Halo Evo is better, but still mute.
So far Solace (50 mg 60/40) is the best from my supplies - I really did not expect it.

• Optimistic

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
OMG by Mr salt-e.
It's orange mango guava.
Only 50/50 though, sorry bout that.

What device you use? Have you tried other flavors from Mr. Salt, how they are?

Vladdin works with 50/50, takes a pod for the full flavor to become apparent. Astonishingly delicious with Pink Punch Lemonade by Twist SALT.

That one seems to be expensive for 2 bottles (I know, it is 60 ml not 30, but vapedeal limited stock is much cheaper). I noticed that they make 50/50 (VG/PG) and 70/30 (different vendors), have you tried 70/30 in something. I wonder about Caliburn, would it handle 70/30? Do you have trusted vendor for Twisted?

• Agree

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Vladdin works with 50/50, takes a pod for the full flavor to become apparent. Astonishingly delicious with Pink Punch Lemonade by Twist SALT.

Crap. It is extremely difficult to find that one in 50/50 ratio. Almost all credible vendors have 70/30 (VG/PG), only a few have 50/50, and only one of them is credible - vapedeal.com (the cheapest credible one for Twist Salts), it is my regular go to shop for Naked 100 freebase, never had a problem with them. But they don't carry Pink Punch Lemonade, pile of sh*t.
Where you got yours?

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
Crap. It is extremely difficult to find that one in 50/50 ratio. Almost all credible vendors have 70/30 (VG/PG), only a few have 50/50, and only one of them is credible - vapedeal.com (the cheapest credible one for Twist Salts), it is my regular go to shop for Naked 100 freebase, never had a problem with them. But they don't carry Pink Punch Lemonade, pile of sh*t.
Where you got yours?
I found it in a brick and mortar shop in Canada called 180° Vape Store, but it was made in the USA which is why I recommended it. Amazing that it's so hard to find in such a populous country.

Last edited:

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Thanks for pointing to B&M store, clears things a bit. I already emailed Twist to clarify what ratios they have, lets see what they are going to answer, if ever.

Just finished ordering bunch of, I hope, good stuff, not pile of crap again.
Mr. Salt-E (50/50 and 60/40), Twist (50/50 and 70/30), Mr.Pod (a few), Halo Tribeca to try, and Red Apple or 7 Daze (whatever they call themselves). Or and something called Mig Vapor, saw recommendation elsewhere.

Not going to order ever again I Love Salts (Mad Hatter) and NKD 100. No matter what people say, even JUUL tastes better, what a shame (I got, I hope, last order of JUUL, so I can compare directly)

Wish me luck.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Little update.

So far good ones are:
Halo Ultra Salts Subzero, excellent stealth vape, relieves vape craving in ICE package, shines in every device I have, even in Uboat (at least I can finish all pods with some satisfaction).
Super Salts Mango, trying now in Caliburn, WOW, so rich flavor, feelings are very close to Sub Ohm, if not equal, very strong flavor, can not be chain vape due to its richness, no throat hit, unfortunately, but at least it satisfies flavor cravings from pod system. Not all Super Salts flavors are good, trying now Super Salts Pineapple in Vladdin, nothing special, very mute.
Does Vladdin pods need time to break in? I fill it before going to sleep, so it was priming for at least 6 hours....

SAGA and research for perfect pod flavor continues.

Now I will need suppliers for the cheapest pods for my devices, as I would have to go through at least 100 pods/coils before making PERFECT collection.

I can see now why some people are giving up this fight and return to JUUL or similar ones - for the money I already spent here, I could have enough JUUL for a year, easy, what a bummer. Sub Ohm was much easier and simpler....

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA
Flavors are so subjective. No advice there.

I found that more tart juices stay better tasting in pods than sweet juices. Perhaps the sweetener clogs the pores. And single flavor juices tend to remain more satisfying than those mixtures that tend to become blunted after a while.

The Vladdin pod has a no flavor juice soaked wick from the factory so it does need a time to fully come alive.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Another update
Used Vladdin and Caliburn.
. I wonder how much juice Vladdin need to open a flavor. As of now, it seems that Vladdin is a waste of money to me. I am testing 4 different juice manufacturers, Caliburn shines with each of them, but Vladdin is very mute. I did like 15 draws after soaking for 30 min and still very muted flavors. Caliburn on the other hand shines right away..
The only 2 juices Vladding was good from the beginning is Solace and Halo Subzero. SO far Frenzy is good as well (I can not test it quick, as I don't have many pods).
Next day I will try Minifit with some of the juices I tried today to compare. If Minifit will produce similar flavor as Caliburn (I know it will be not so intense), Vladdin would not have any excuse to be that bad.

Very frustrated experience. Online reviewers either paid to give good reviews or test many juices to find one good one and then report how good Vladdin is. One would not vape 1 full pod in disgust to enjoy consecutive pod's refills, no way.

kisianik

Jun 28, 2019
Update for previous post.
So, I got frustrated with vladdon, it was before bedtime. In the morning everything was fine, so vladding needs time to soak before first draws, do about 10-20 unpleasant draws and leave it for long period of time, and only then it is good, what a headache.
However with Solace there is no waiting time, very strange.

Reactions: GOMuniEsq
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread