The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

need help about TFA Cheesecake raspberry

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by gorethugz, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. gorethugz

gorethugz Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 21, 2013
    KL, MY
    Hi everyone,

help me. i'm trying to combine this flavor. anyone tried before?

TFA Cheesecake 10%
    TFA Raspberry 5%

how does it taste?
    do i need another flavor to get the perfect juice for raspberry cheesecake?

2. dannyv45

dannyv45 ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    I haven't tried it but it does sound good. you would want the prodomenent flavor to be the cheese cake. I think 10% may be a bit on the high side and may not leave much room for adjustment. I would start at maybe 7 -8% and do the rasberry at 2 - 3% and don't forget to keep the EM or sweetner handy I have a feeling your going to need it. If so start the sweetner at 1%. I think you'll have room for adjustment at those levels.

3. michaelsil1

michaelsil1 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 21, 2013
    Los Angeles
    DIY is about experimenting and the percentages you listed might be perfect for your tastes, let it steep for a couple of weeks and then try it.

4. gorethugz

May 21, 2013
    KL, MY
    the smells of the TFA cheesecake are like rotten. I probably want to add 1-2% of TFA green apple and menthol

here are my plan

TFA Raspberry 5%
    TFA Cheesecake change to 8%
    TFA Green Apple 1%
    1% of Menthol
    1% of suclarose
    1% of TFA Kolada

5. dannyv45

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    Not to sure about the

TFA Green Apple 1%
    1% of Menthol
    1% of suclarose
    1% of TFA Kolada

???????

I can see the suclarose but not sure about the rest. What smells bad straight out of the flavor bottle will most likely smell different when mixed and steeped. I would start with just the

TFA Raspberry 3%
    TFA Cheesecake 5%
    1% of suclarose

Steep and try it. Then if you really really need it add the rest.

6. we2rcool

we2rcool Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2013
    Iowa, IA, USA
    Aaaah, if ONLY we could tell how something is going to steep/vape by the smell of the flavor...alas, we cannot. Of course, add whatever your lil' DIY-heart desires, whenever you want to add it - but always remember it's FAR easier to 'add more later' after we've discovered what it is we have for starters, than it ever is to subtract.

7. Aurora-Oblivion

Aurora-Oblivion Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2012
    Isle of the Wizards
    TFA Cheesecake DEFINITELY needs to steep, the flavor changes dramatically in 2 weeks from mix date

If testing plain, I like it at 10-12% (12% really), but the goodness doesn't arrive for 2 weeks so keep that in mind.

If mixing with a fruit, 8-10% might may be OK, but not sure? I know if I go under 12% by itself, tested 6-8%, I loose the buttery/cheesy goodness that appears after 2 weeks, so you may need to stay at 10-12% at least even if adding fruit.

Make two batches plain for testing. One at 12% by itself, and 1-2 batches and 8-10% by itself, then test after two weeks and see if you like that flavor of each, then decide where to go with the fruit based on the above test.

Good enhancers for this flavor, for me anyway when shooting for a plain cheesecake, have been TFA White Chocolate, and Lor Cream Cheese.

Also I should note, everything mentioned here is with my use of the the TFA Cheesecake Plain (No crust version), have not tested the other yet.

8. DeeDee1234

DeeDee1234 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 8, 2013
    Texas
    I have been thinking of trying something like this. I have the cheesecake with crust. Let us know what you think after you try it

9. gorethugz

May 21, 2013
    KL, MY
    I make 5ml for testing what that you stated. if the taste is nice then I will make a huge batch :)

does this work if i steep in warm water for 2-3 hour? or just steep for 1-2 week?

10. abracadebra

abracadebra Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Ive been working on a Strawberry Coconut Cheesecake for last few mths im really happy with 8% to 10% Cap NY cheesecake 5% TFA Strawberry n Cream, 4% TFA Coconut Candy, 2% Sweet Cream, 1% Em , 6 drops of TFA White Chocolate... Im trying Suclarose in my next batch..i only vape 6mg...I like very sweet vapes...also ill try raspberry,,,see how that goes...sorry about bad posting...:facepalm:

11. abracadebra

ooops Btw....Yes definitely 2weeks wait for the cheesecake to pop!!!

12. abracadebra

I use a mini crock pot that stays around 125f.steep..for 2 to 3hrs...ive tried this for the last 6wks or so..after reading in the rapid steep thread...very clever idea...I thought;-)

13. Cavediver

Cavediver Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Buford, Ga

14. dannyv45

Apr 12, 2013
    New Jersey
    It will most diffenitly shorten the period of time you'll need to steep but I notice that after a hot water steep it still continues to steep and change color over the next few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.