need help choosing a device

Status
Not open for further replies.

baderw

Sep 7, 2020
Hey guys! i want to buy a cape kit and i have done a lot of research but need some advice on my first device (i will be using 0 mg e-liquid). i was thinking about getting the target pm80 but i don’t want to deal with any leaking issues that could potentially ruin my device so i had my eyes on the aegis max (specially because of that leak proof tank and i can easily find coils for it unlike other tanks), but now i saw a video about the new smok scar p3/p5 and the form factor is a big plus for me. So what device do you recommend to be used as my main device with no intentions of upgrading anytime soon?

Ps: i also checked the aegis boost plus but maybe 40 watts won’t be enough in the long run and i don’ want to buy a new device just because of that.

• Optimistic
Reactions: HigherStateD

Aliraonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2020
New Zealand
Hey guys! i want to buy a cape kit and i have done a lot of research but need some advice on my first device (i will be using 0 mg e-liquid). i was thinking about getting the target pm80 but i don’t want to deal with any leaking issues that could potentially ruin my device so i had my eyes on the aegis max (specially because of that leak proof tank and i can easily find coils for it unlike other tanks), but now i saw a video about the new smok scar p3/p5 and the form factor is a big plus for me. So what device do you recommend to be used as my main device with no intentions of upgrading anytime soon?

Ps: i also checked the aegis boost plus but maybe 40 watts won’t be enough in the long run and i don’ want to buy a new device just because of that.

Personally I will pick eagis over smok. They are very durable.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2019
Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.

I'd take the aegis, as others have said... But if you're in the USofA, and just vaping 0nic as a hobby, you may want to find a cheaper one, as vaping is about to get expensive.

• Agree
Reactions: Coyote628

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
but maybe 40 watts won’t be enough in the long run
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might wish to fill in your avatar location(city & country)*, it may help you in obtaining location specific information to your future question(s).
On the top right hand corner of this post you will find --"your name" next to "Inbox and Alerts"
Place the mouse pointer on your name,click. You will get a drop down and on the left hand side of this drop down you will find "Personal Details". Click Personal Details.
In Personal Details, in middle of screen in gray, you will find "Location" Could fill that box line in.
re: New users - Put your location in your Profile...
*general part of the world works regarding your countries vaping laws.
The information below may help you to obtain a good foundation of vaping knowledge.
Learn About Vaping Here - Everything Ecigs - From Beginner To Advanced
Learn What Vaping is and How to Inhale Properly (Vaping 101)
2015: The Art of the Drip - A Dripping Primer | Spinfuel VAPE
ECigarette Academy: Essential Need to Know for New Vapers
Beginner Archives - Guide To Vaping
6 Quick & Useful Vaping Tips for Beginners
(10) Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder with Egos and Mods | E-Cigarette Forum
(1) Proper Terminology - Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Attachments. | E-Cigarette Forum

• Informative
Reactions: HigherStateD

Mark Ant

Sep 8, 2020
i saw a video about the new smok scar p3/p5 and the form factor is a big plus for me

I would probably try out the SMOK P3

The form factor is almost identical to the PM80 but with larger tank

The fact that they are saying its waterproof is a big plus, as it looks like someone has addressed the problem of liquid entering the mod and frying the circuit board.

I use a PM80 and wouldn't recommend, unless you want to try sealing the top plate yourself (like i have). So many users have had issue with liquid leaking into the mod.
Its not leaky tanks, the tanks don't leak. Its vape condensation that naturally occurs when vaping.
A lot of pods seem to have this issue due to the tank fitting inside the mod as opposed to sitting on top.

Looks like at least one manufacturer is admitting its a problem that needs to be fixed if pods kits are to continue to grow in popularity.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread