Status
Not open for further replies.

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
Hello everyone:

I'm in the market for a new rba and any assistance would be appreciated.

I already have some experience with RBAs as I own a Lavagen and a ZAP.

I have some issues with the ZAP and I'm trying to find a decent rba that does not have those issues. My main concerns with the ZAP are:

1. The cap falls off too easily when it is in your pocket.

2. The air hole simply goes where it wants to, not where you want it to. You cannot adjust the air hole to the position you would like it unless you use an o-ring.

What I would like to see in my next RBA:

1. one with a threaded cap and an air hole I can line up where I want it

2. 3 ml tank that fits comfortably on a Provari without looking silly

3. versatile. I can use either stainless steel mesh and silica

4. does not have a little plastic insert for the wick hole

5. can use a phillips head screw driver and not an allen wrench

6. hopefully inexpensive

7. gen-style

With so many inexpensive RBAs on the market now, such as the AGA, AGA T2, DID clones, I hope that at least one of them meets my needs. I'm hoping that those with experiences with these and other RBAs can help me make a choice.

Thanks! :)

~m00n

Aoi~

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Sunny So. Cal
The ability for the user to line things up in a tube mod (airhole, graphics, what have you) is sadly high technology that's beyond reach in 2013. None of the RBAs I have offer this. On a ProVari, people talk of tapping the top cap out, and realigning it when you reinsert it (breaking warranty I'm guessing).

I was considering the lavagen just because you can align the airhole where you need it to be.

xsphat

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2012
Wisconsin
Have you found anything? I have an Igo-L and an RSST and love them both. I don't have a Provari, but both my rbas work great on the Vamo with 1.5Ω coils. In truth I prefer to run the RSST on regulated devices and the Igo-L on a mech with a .6Ω coil. I never really cared about lining up the airhole with the anything on the mod, since ascetics aren't more important than function in my book.

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
Have you found anything? I have an Igo-L and an RSST and love them both. I don't have a Provari, but both my rbas work great on the Vamo with 1.5Ω coils. In truth I prefer to run the RSST on regulated devices and the Igo-L on a mech with a .6Ω coil. I never really cared about lining up the airhole with the anything on the mod, since ascetics aren't more important than function in my book.

Good to see you xsphat and I'm happy you're still here on ECF and have ventured into RBAs. There are really so many options for RBAs and I'm unfamiliar with the ones that you mentioned. The reason to line up the airhole is so that it doesn't leak or start 'gurgling' while you are vaping. It is a functional part of any RBA and I'm not sure why manufacturers do not take this under consideration.

As far as the RBAs you mentioned, does it fit any or some of the things I am looking for in an RBA, like threaded cap?

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
although it is not a cheap genny the DID is a great atomizer. it has a threaded cap and is pretty easy to set-up. also looks good on the provari especially if you purchase a pro -ring for it. it is a genesis atomizer and one of the best

I have heard good things about the DID. I will check into it.. Thank you for the suggestion. :)

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
google metal madness vapors. they are the makers and sellers of the DID. I own 2 DID's and they are great.

Very nice. Thank you for that. I'm sure that the DID clones are not as well-built, but if they are indeed clones, I'd think it would be wise to try a clone as it is much cheaper to see if it addresses any of the concerns that I have about my existing RBAs that I listed in OP. I will take a look at some reviews of the DID, and I know the DID has a threaded cap, but is it interchangeable with silica and mesh setups, does it have the ability to line the air hole, and is the air hole an airy draw or a tight draw?

xsphat

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2012
Wisconsin
I was saying, the Igo-L ($15, dripping rba) and the RSST (genny, $30) are both wildly popular, and have the top caps held in place by o-rings. The airhole can always be lined up perfectly right on the coil. The caps don't spin or come off in my pocket, even when walking to work everyday, and they have only leaked a drop or two in my pockets, and only when freshly filled.

Plus, I was going to say that you were right all along about rbas and mods and the whole (expletive denoting fecal mater this adult forum doesn't allow). I haven't got into DIY yet, since buying 250ml bottles of juice keeps the cost way down. I don't get the Provari still, since I got a VW mod with 3 buttons first. The Vari seems like a high end downgrade at this point. Plus, a genny on a mech with a .7Ω coil is a better experience all around. I'm going to redo my RSST tonight since I've gotten a little sick of running it at only 14 watts. 25 watts on the mech is more satisfying.

m00nshake

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2009
Greenville, NC
I was saying, the Igo-L ($15, dripping rba) and the RSST (genny, $30) are both wildly popular, and have the top caps held in place by o-rings. The airhole can always be lined up perfectly right on the coil. The caps don't spin or come off in my pocket, even when walking to work everyday, and they have only leaked a drop or two in my pockets, and only when freshly filled.

Plus, I was going to say that you were right all along about rbas and mods and the whole (expletive denoting fecal mater this adult forum doesn't allow). I haven't got into DIY yet, since buying 250ml bottles of juice keeps the cost way down. I don't get the Provari still, since I got a VW mod with 3 buttons first. The Vari seems like a high end downgrade at this point. Plus, a genny on a mech with a .7Ω coil is a better experience all around. I'm going to redo my RSST tonight since I've gotten a little sick of running it at only 14 watts. 25 watts on the mech is more satisfying.

The advantage of the Provari I would say is not having to mess with a multi-meter to check ohm but other than that I never really adjust the voltage and I am considering to get a mech mod, more than likely from SuperT as they make fantastic mech mods. And from what I've read from other more experienced RBA enthusiasts, a genny on a mech mod with a very low ohm is a much better experience.

However, budgeting for another high-end mech mod is another story entirely.

As far as DIY, most of what I vape is simple. Fruit plus a lot of menthol. Example, now I'm vaping Wild Blueberry with a little cream to smooth it out and a lot of menthol to kick it to high gear. And almost all of what I vape are simple fruit/menthol concoctions, even when I was paying premium price from vendors. I find it to be a lot cheaper to get a giant bottle of nic liquid from WizardLabs and make my own concoctions, and it is more rewarding when you find a combination you really like.

Socalvapster

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Rosemead, California
I was thinking about getting an M28 telescopic mech mod from Vape Revolution and use a Pheonix rba clone I'll be getting.
m28_standing.jpg

xsphat

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2012
Wisconsin
The Vamo has an ohm checker too. So do nearly all the VV / VW mods out there right now.

And from what I've read from other more experienced RBA enthusiasts, a genny on a mech mod with a very low ohm is a much better experience.

Glad to hear they agree with me, lol.

And good luck getting a SuperT. I don't think they even make the Precise+ anymore, and the telescope they have has been a preorder for about 6 months. noting a 2 month wait. I gave up on them in March and bought other mechs.

Last edited:

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
I have a Talos
Talos T V2 Edelstahl poliert - InTaste
Technical Data
Type: Repaiarable atomizer for the Genisis principle but glass fiber can be used as well.
Connector: 810
Material: Stainless steeel, ceramic
Diameter: 15 mm
Length without adapter and mouthpiecer: 57 mm
Weight without adapter and mouthpiecer : 26 g
Diameter adapter: 15mm
Length adapter: 4 mm
Weight adapter: 4,5 g

its top fed, so the air hole does not matter..it holds about 3ml of juice, and looks ok on a provari mini,since its quite long all things considered...biggest issue i have with it is that you have to use the drip tip that comes with it, or buy a special one from them, since it threads onto the cap and is wider than a 510...
its the only genny i have that i can take out with me since it doesnt leak like the others...

Hope you find what you are looking for

L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread