Need help choosing the right RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

UncleEddy

Aug 2, 2019
Hi all!

I have become tired of having to switch to a new €5 coil every week so I'm seriously thinking about purchasing my first RTA. I've watched and read tons of reviews of RTA tanks. I'm currently thinking about purchasing a Zeus X RTA since I like the design, the performance is good from what I've read and because I can purchase it cheap at the moment (€25). Since there are so many RTA's available I constantly discover new RTA's which seem to be good as well... Is there anybody who has any experience with the Zeus X or it's competitors?

I'm currently vaping on a Vaporesso Luxe S with the SKRR-S tank. (Vaporesso Gen with Freemax Mesh Pro tank should arrive soon). I like to vape around 60-80W when I'm chain vaping. Since >10ml e-juice bottles have been banned in The Netherlands, e-juice is very expensive. I'm aware of the fact that the Zeus X drinks lots of e-juice, but if it compensates with the fact that I can make my own coils now, I'm okay with that. Although I do prefer tanks which don't suck super much juice even if it mutes the flavor a little bit.

I don't mind single or dual as long as it suits the best for me.

Tanks I have checked so far:

- Geekvape Zeus X

- Geekvape Creed

- Augvape Intake

- Kylan V2

- Hugsvape Lotus

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Maybe this will help. If you start scrolling through the page I've linked to they are starting to chat about the Zeus X.
I don't have one so can't help. Building is much easier than it looks, wicking sometimes has a learning curve but is easily mastered.
GeekVape Zeus RTA

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
I vote for the Zeus X. Great RTA with very good flavor. Dual coil but can also be used as single coil if you wrap a core coil around 4 MM inner core and install with the legs diagonal across the deck.

Easy to build on.

Single coil in one

coil-jpg.829853

coilwick-jpg.829855

Last edited:

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Looks great man! What exact coil did you use? And how was the flavor?

That one was wrapped with SS 316L Clapton wire 26 AWG core and 36 AWG outer wire. The flavor is excellent

22 AWG Kanthal also works well for single coil in it

Last edited:

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Thanks everybody for the help! I have purchased the Zeus X. Is there someone who can help me out which coils to use if I want a good mix between flavor and not too much juice consumption? I’d like to vape around 60-80W, I believe that should be reasonable looking at juice consumption.
Don't get too fixated on wattage, try a few different style of coils and only look for flavor and which ones gives a more satisfying hit. Might try a sample pack from AVS, Advanced Vape Supply.

Last edited:

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
I vote for the Zeus X. Great RTA with very good flavor. Dual coil but can also be used as single coil if you wrap a core coil around 4 MM inner core and install with the legs diagonal across the deck.

Easy to build on.

Single coil in one

coil-jpg.829853

coilwick-jpg.829855

Does the Zeus X work well with Rayon? Any leaking issues? The RTA I have I like but leaks too much from the airholes.

Thanks

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Thanks everybody for the help! I have purchased the Zeus X. Is there someone who can help me out which coils to use if I want a good mix between flavor and not too much juice consumption? I’d like to vape around 60-80W, I believe that should be reasonable looking at juice consumption.

Try a very simple build to start out with like 22G Kanthal. Pick up some TemCo Kanthal 22G spool from Amazon or LightningVapes. Use steam engine coil calculator and try and go for 0.15-0.2 ohms dual coil. Mount coils and wick coils. For this last step it certainly helps to YouTube a wicking tutorial etc!

It’s always better to build your own coils cause then you have control over the wick! Rayon as many know is better than organic Japanese cotton!

• Optimistic
Reactions: Letitia

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Does the Zeus X work well with Rayon? Any leaking issues? The RTA I have I like but leaks too much from the airholes.

Thanks

I have only had leaking from the Zeus X when I first got one. It was my fault though. The inner chimney wasn't seated properly at the top, it needed to be pushed firmly into the outer chimney before attaching the base.

I have since picked up 3 more of Zeus X and none of them are leaking. I also got a couple of $10 clones of the Zeus X from Fastech and they don't leak either. The clones are almost identical with the exception that the inner chimney part is aluminum instead of SS and has different air holes in it compared to the originals.

vicsch

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2019
Hi all!

I have become tired of having to switch to a new €5 coil every week so I'm seriously thinking about purchasing my first RTA. I've watched and read tons of reviews of RTA tanks. I'm currently thinking about purchasing a Zeus X RTA since I like the design, the performance is good from what I've read and because I can purchase it cheap at the moment (€25). Since there are so many RTA's available I constantly discover new RTA's which seem to be good as well... Is there anybody who has any experience with the Zeus X or it's competitors?

I'm currently vaping on a Vaporesso Luxe S with the SKRR-S tank. (Vaporesso Gen with Freemax Mesh Pro tank should arrive soon). I like to vape around 60-80W when I'm chain vaping. Since >10ml e-juice bottles have been banned in The Netherlands, e-juice is very expensive. I'm aware of the fact that the Zeus X drinks lots of e-juice, but if it compensates with the fact that I can make my own coils now, I'm okay with that. Although I do prefer tanks which don't suck super much juice even if it mutes the flavor a little bit.

I don't mind single or dual as long as it suits the best for me.

Tanks I have checked so far:

- Geekvape Zeus X

- Geekvape Creed

- Augvape Intake

- Kylan V2

- Hugsvape Lotus
Try ur vaporesso luxe mod w/aspire nautilus mini tank 1.8 coil it's what i use & i have other devices or mods., but i wouldnt as of now anyway use any other tank or mod. The coil lasts me afew weeks before I install another one. But doesnt mean i'm not looking in the future to try something else cause im always in the mood to try new but i haven't found what i want yet. So i''ll keep using what i use as of now.

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
I have only had leaking from the Zeus X when I first got one. It was my fault though. The inner chimney wasn't seated properly at the top, it needed to be pushed firmly into the outer chimney before attaching the base.

I have since picked up 3 more of Zeus X and none of them are leaking. I also got a couple of $10 clones of the Zeus X from Fastech and they don't leak either. The clones are almost identical with the exception that the inner chimney part is aluminum instead of SS and has different air holes in it compared to the originals.

So coming from someone who only owns bottom airflow RTAs does the top airflow not have any condensation? I have gotten some good clones from FT. If I end up really liking the authentic for around 20 bucks maybe I buy a few more from FT the next time FT has a coupon code...

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
So coming from someone who only owns bottom airflow RTAs does the top airflow not have any condensation? I have gotten some good clones from FT. If I end up really liking the authentic for around 20 bucks maybe I buy a few more from FT the next time FT has a coupon code...

Not having a problem with condensation.

Could be the tips used. Some tips have a lot of condensation some don't. I had some glass tips on bottom air flow and they were terrible, same with some ss tips.

• Agree
Reactions: Chris863

Chris863

ECF Veteran
Feb 3, 2015
Florida
Yeah, I don’t mind a little bit of condensation but sometimes it can accumulate and be bothersome. I just CANT get another RTA that has juice that decides to come out the air holes at random. Always wiping with napkins and paper towel. Especially in the car driving always asking for extra napkins at the drive thru etc! Sucks! I can’t figure out if I’m just a dumbass and doing something wrong(distinct possibility)or if it’s an issue inherent with the Fireluke Pro/ Fireluke. I really wanna love the Fireluke but after about three refills it starts to leak...

So I will give the Zeus X a try look on eBay or somewhere shipping is inexpensive and hopefully it agrees with me. I rarely have issues with dry hits when wicking it’s normally flooding/leaking issues and for lack of a better word it spits juice out the airhole. Almost look like it’s crying juice :( Fingers crossed for the Zeus X! My Box Mod can’t take much more Ejuice Abuse down the sides of the box lol!

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2012
Portugal
Well i found myself in the same spot: needed some new RTA's to get me back on the vapetrain..... So i bought an intake= too small air intake for me, bought a Zeus X= really liked it with a dual coil setup (just plain wire no exotic coils, KISS is my way to go) and now i've got a Kylin M..... The kylin is a PITA to wick right even with the vids available but once you get it right its a dream. Depending on your vape habits it will always use juice so no escape from there...... DIY i a great help and you can buy 1L base online, that will get you over some time.

Reactions: Beamslider
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread