Help choosing my first RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

steampoweredheart

Mar 17, 2014
So I think enough advancements have been made to the dual coil RTA for me to finally pick out my first one.
I've been using RDA's since I started vaping years and years ago but I've always been intrigued by RTA's for their convenience.
I think I finally have it narrowed down to 2 devices that have recieved the best reviews. The Creed by GV and the Zeus Dual by GV. So my question is, which one would be the better choice? It's going on my Aegis Legend and I primarily use dual 6wrap fused claptons 2x26K/36K 2.5-3id. I'm looking for a reliable cloud producer that doesn't dry hit or leak, get hot, or gurgle. I really want something as close to an RDA in performance as possible (within reason).
I like the Zeus but will the 26mm diameter be too much? How is the top AF?
The Creed got incredable reviews but doesnt seem as popular..is there a better device out there that I'm missing?hmmmm hard choice.
20190208_230931.jpg
20190208_230921.jpg

Reactions: stols001

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Zeus, hands down. The airflow may come in at the top, but it actually hits the coils in about the same way it hits the coils in the Creed. ANY bottom air tank is going to be prone to leaking. Top air tanks can leak, but only if you work at making them leak.

steampoweredheart

Mar 17, 2014
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies!
I decided to order the Creed from elementvape and its pretty good. but I ended up cleaning it for the shelf and was building my rda by the end of day 2 lol It does have very nice airflow and holds a lot of juice. No big problems with it or anything, the flavor is just not enough for me after years of dripping. Clouds are good too but also fall short for me in comparison.
I can definitely see myself using it in the future for days where I'm driving a lot or something but for the day to day I think I'm going to stick with 24mm rda's.

I have been thinking of getting a squonk mod for a long time but I guess I'm just waiting for the tech to get a little better for dual 18650 devices. I've seen the Pulse but I'm worried it probably gets very hot because of its small size. I had a RXGEN3 a while back that looks about the same size and it was a literal hot mess.
I also wanted to see what rta's were like first so a squonk will defintely be my next purchase if I can find a good one.

Sorry for taking so long, I just wanted to try it out before giving my opinion.
Have a great weekend!

todd0864

ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
USA
A squonk is what you should get then. I have the Pulse X 90 and the mod doesn’t get hot. I run it with 21700 mode. Haven’t tried the dual version though. Just like dripping but you don’t drip and you have about 7ml on hand. I like the atty it comes with since it feeds juice over the coils. As far as DL RTA, I really like the Kylin V2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hey guys, thanks for all the replies!
I decided to order the Creed from elementvape and its pretty good. but I ended up cleaning it for the shelf and was building my rda by the end of day 2 lol It does have very nice airflow and holds a lot of juice. No big problems with it or anything, the flavor is just not enough for me after years of dripping. Clouds are good too but also fall short for me in comparison.
there are some RTAs with RDA level DL performance. I never heard the creed being mentioned in the list. The Zeus was. Your legend should take up to a 30mm tank.
I’m in agreement with @todd0864 that a squonk may be the best solution for you. They’re big though. No getting around that.
I can definitely see myself using it in the future for days where I'm driving a lot or something but for the day to day I think I'm going to stick with 24mm rda's.

I have been thinking of getting a squonk mod for a long time but I guess I'm just waiting for the tech to get a little better for dual 18650 devices. I've seen the Pulse but I'm worried it probably gets very hot because of its small size.
The tech is there but it’s not not small or cheap or quite perfect. I just dropped $140 on a lost vape drone250c. There’s also the vapecige VTX200. It’s a bit cheaper. Which one you like better is kind of an open question. Neither has a protected screen though and that may be reason enough to wait. I’ve got both and found them pretty comparable. There’s a head to head review I did on em if you’re curious.

As to the pulse it does in fact get hot. As a dripper it was an issue, but you rarely touch a squonk RDA unless you need to change cotton.

I’m starting to worry myself that big mods may be strangled to death. There’s like 5 pods coming out for every full size device these days. That razor blade profit model is so attractive. The fact that it almost always fails in the long run doesn’t seem to matter to the manufacturers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread