Need help cleaning 510-T Atomizer !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

webb

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
East Coast
So one of them I guess got clogged,very hard to get a puff out of it.I already have a Ultrasonic so the 1st try I filled the tank with soapy water and ran for 25 minutes,didn't do anything.So the 2nd time I put vodka in the tank and also ran for 25 minutes NOTHING...

So what do you guy recommend next ?

Thanks

Last edited:

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Besides doing the dry burn (the last resort)....

1) Use a needle and clear the little air holes in the connector.
2) Try soaking in boiling water. Use tongs to pick it up and let the water run through several times. Soak. Repeat.
3) Try Isoprophyl Alcohol soak, blow out, followed by water rinse.
4) Try the dry burn as linked above. That cleans the coil. May help the air path too depending.

Next time....Clean more frequently or blow out twice a day. Avoid sugary gunky juices if possible, or get ready to buy more atomizers.

webb

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
East Coast
Besides doing the dry burn (the last resort)....

1) Use a needle and clear the little air holes in the connector.
2) Try soaking in boiling water. Use tongs to pick it up and let the water run through several times. Soak. Repeat.
3) Try Isoprophyl Alcohol soak, blow out, followed by water rinse.
4) Try the dry burn as linked above. That cleans the coil. May help the air path too depending.

Next time....Clean more frequently or blow out twice a day. Avoid sugary gunky juices if possible, or get ready to buy more atomizers.

I only have it for 2 weeks.

jazzbo

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2011
Orlando, Fl
I've been using a Joyetech 510T SR atty (got one on a lark) recently for my eGo 1000mah and I've been getting tons of vapor out of the damn thing, awesome taste and no leakages whatsoever. I've honestly been friggin' shocked at the performance. In an A/B test using the 510T and dripping into a regular 510 atty, the vapor and taste is *almost* identical using my fave juice, Sweet Caroline. I've always preferred dripping over cartos; I have never met a carto that delivers the flavor and vapor that dripping does. I understand the convenience, and I've used Boge LRs for yonks, but this little devil has them beat. Sure, the tanks only holds about half a ml, but you get 5 tanks per box...I can go a full workday and then some if I leave with 5 fully loaded tanks. Awesome.

As for the OP, it sounds like the wick that's inside the spike has become gunked up. I haven't tried, but you can probably pop the spike plate out and blast the wick with a butane torch until you burn off all the residue and pop the spike plate back in. But at about 6.99 - 8.99 a pop, it might just be easier to get a new atty. And if you need to use thicker/sweeter juices, you prolly *should* use another device.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread