RDA Need help deciding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinben

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Tn
I have been researching rda's. I'm looking for a solid SS. I want an authentic. I kinda norrwed it down to two only because Attysmith is not going to be making the Raptor any time soon. The Marquis or the Origen V3 even though it has a brass center posi post. Which can be replaced with SS.
And I would like something leak resistant.I know nothing is leak proof in my hands.
What is the opinion here on the ECF?

Last edited:

Pushbutton

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2014
Vienna, Austria
I got my Origen v3 last year and it has cured my need to look at other attys. I havent bought another atty since. Ok, not true. I bought 2 more Origens in preparation for the vapocalypse :)

As far as the brass pin is concerned, it does not come into contact with your liquid at any point. It is routed through an SS deck post that is well sealed with an O-ring at the bottom. Personally i would not like brass or cooper in my juice either, but the way the Origen is constructed seems perfectly fine to me.

I have a Marquis as well, and while it produces excellent flavor also, i much prefer the Origen. The handling (no need to have a left and right turned coil) and capacity are superior on the Origen in my opinion. Easier to wick as well, since there is enough space to grab the the wick tail from the well with a needle nose tweezers to trim and fluff it before putting it back into the juicewell.

Reactions: Tinben

manthe

Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Winter Park, FL, USA
Those are 2 of my all time favorite RDAs and that would be a very tough choice to make for me! Truth be told, on paper it would be a lot easier to craft a winning argument for the Marquis (re features, extras that come with it, easier to build because of the coil rods and deck holes, greater available airflow, easier/cleaner to re-drip, etc., etc.). But the truth of the matter is - despite all of that - I have always just found myself actually *using* my Origen FAR more. That might be due to the fact that I also have a v1 and a v2 and they've long been my favorite RDAs - so there's a sense of familiarity and a predisposition to just really liking them! I'm not really sure. The vape is fairly similar between the 2. Not exactly the same - but let's face - when it comes to the differences in actual vape between almost all RDAs (of a given 'breed'), we're really just splitting hairs across the board. Flavor is top notch for both. Tough call - I wish you luck.

Reactions: Tinben
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread