Need Help Desperately w/Settings! (ILeaf)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanyalee123

Feb 6, 2019
Hi everyone! New member but been vaping for years. I desperately need help because I haven’t had enjoyable vaping for two days and I’m pulling my hair out!!

Ok so I have iLeaf iSticks....I’ve been using these for years, they are my favorite. I always use KangerTech coils. Typically I use 1.0 or .8 sub ohm. So I ordered some from eBay and they were 1.2.....well I could not get my setting rights. Everything tasted burnt. Huge waste of money.....so, ticked off, I went to my local vape store and got .8s....I’m sure I’ve used these before but once again I’m getting a couple good puffs, then burned taste....so bad it has burnt my throat a few times. I don’t mean to be dramatic but this IS my “smoking” and I’m going crazy! I tried to lower the wattage, increase the wattage....change the NiF....which I don’t even know what that is. No matter what I set it at, it will not vape properly!! I like a good throat hit, that’s why I get the lower resistance. I don’t care about the clouds, just a good hit.

Please please can someone tell me what’s happening? If I set it wrong and it burns, does it kind of mess up the coil so no matter if I set it right, it’s now going to produce burnt taste? I’ve wasted so many coils now (6 I think!!!!). I’d like to be able to use the 1.2s too, so if anyone can tell me what I should be setting my ecig for those too, I would be grateful. Omg, I’m going nuts here...this has never happened to m with this combo of coils and battery before....what is happening?! Please help! I would be so appreciative. Thank you!

My Batt Hurts

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2017
UK
Oh dear. It hasn't been your day!

Not sure which kanger coils you're using, but a safe place is probably wattage mode, not Ni or Ti.

How many watts are you vaping at? Advice you'll see often here is to start low and slowly increase. Not sure, but you could try starting at 8-10 watts and go from there.

Are you priming the coils? Either let them sit in a fille tank for 10-15 mins, and/or put a few drops directly down the coil before installing it.

Good luck!

Reactions: sonicbomb

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Once you burn either the coil or the wick, its ruined. Then you have to start over with a primed new one.

You seem confused with what "mode" your battery device is in. The best mode for you would be wattage or power mode, not TC or Temp Control. You can only use TC with stainless steel or nickle wire; I'm not sure what wire the kanger coils use. My guess is they are kanthal wire.

If I were you I'd go on You Tube and do a search for your specific mod, and find a demo video for you to learn how to get back into wattage or power mode. Its a little different for different battery devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: sonicbomb

Tanyalee123

Feb 6, 2019

Not sure which kanger coils you're using, but a safe place is probably wattage mode, not Ni or Ti.

How many watts are you vaping at? Advice you'll see often here is to start low and slowly increase. Not sure, but you could try starting at 8-10 watts and go from there.

Are you priming the coils? Either let them sit in a fille tank for 10-15 mins, and/or put a few drops directly down the coil before installing it.

Good luck!
Thank you! Yes I Prime the coil, always. I’m wondering if I ruined them somehow.

Tanyalee123

Feb 6, 2019
Once you burn either the coil or the wick, its ruined. Then you have to start out with a new one.

You seem confused with what "mode" your battery device is in. The best mode for you would be wattage or power mode, not TC or Temp Control. You can only use TC with stainless steel or nickle wire; I'm not sure what wire the kanger coils use. My guess is they are kanthal wire.

If I were you I'd go on You Tube and do a search for your specific mod, and find a demo video for you to learn how to get back into wattage or power mode. Its a little different for different battery devices.
Thank you for your reply....I was wondering about ruining the coil. I guess that’s what I did!

• Agree
Reactions: Baditude

Tanyalee123

Feb 6, 2019

Good luck!
I think it worked to start really low and slowly go up. I must have started out way too high on both, and burnt the coil. Thank you!!

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
If you are serious about getting a good vape, you may want to move to a rebuildable system like an RTA. This puts you in precise control of your vape, and puts you in the driving seat of the quality of your vape rather that whatever QC there may be in the Chinese sweatshop that produces Kangers premade coils.

• Agree
Reactions: greek mule

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I think it worked to start really low and slowly go up. I must have started out way too high on both, and burnt the coil. Thank you!!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Good solution, Isticks here too.
I find that the wattage that works for me is usually a few watts over the lowest watt setting (where i can barely see the vape cloud on the exhale). Lower watt settings lessen the chance of burning the liquid/wick and generates my perceived best flavor.
After I get my Atty (coil and chamber heated up) going for awhile, I will often times turn the power down or up a few tenths of a watt or so to see if I can taste more flavor. I'm often surprised at how much better tasting the vape can be by adjusting the vape temp/wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread