Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
So I got in touch with IBTanked about making replacement glass for the Lemo. They responded but need some specifics that I can't provide.

This was their reply:

We are always happy to provide glass for anything that we can. I don’t have any dimensions for this device though so I am at a bit of a loss there. Also some devices are poorly designed which can cause some issues when considering the tolerances of glass. If you have calipers and can verify the important dimensions that would be a good start.

When I mention the design above two of the biggest mistakes these makers will sometimes do is use a thin oring like 1mm which does not allow much range and making the metal part that actually goes inside the glass tube too large so when the glass runs slightly small it will not go onto the device.

If you can measure the diameter of the metal portion that goes into the device that will let us know if we can find something with a proper ID and not leave us with an abundance of returns due to being too tight.

The other measurements that are important are of course the length and the larger OD of the device so we know how thick of glass would be best for it.

Lastly if you can provide oring sizes then we would of course be happy to include them with the glass tubes if we are able to make them.

If someone with a Lemo has the means to do these measurements with 100% accuracy, I can get them forwarded to IBT and maybe they can get some replacement tanks made.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I'm sure somebody can measure the caps for you, but honestly, replacement glass is readily available from the manufacturer and pretty cheap. I got an extra tank for the Lemo Drop from Eciggity for about $5.
Oh I know that. But it would be nice to have some colored glass options.

Tap'd from my LG G3

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
Hmm I guess I could do some measurements when my juice is gone. Will change flavor whenever the last 1-2ml is gone.
The flat o-rings measure at:
ID: ~18mm
OD: ~22mm
CS: ~2mm
and are slightly thicker then 1mm. slightly meaning smaller then one tenth of a milimeter.
These measurements are not too accurate as the rubber is hard to measure, I'll update when I measure the innards of the steel.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Hmm I guess I could do some measurements when my juice is gone. Will change flavor whenever the last 1-2ml is gone.
The flat o-rings measure at:
ID: ~18mm
OD: ~22mm
CS: ~2mm
and are slightly thicker then 1mm. slightly meaning smaller then one tenth of a milimeter.
These measurements are not too accurate as the rubber is hard to measure, I'll update when I measure the innards of the steel.

Very cool. In all honesty I don't think the o-rings will matter much since they are not your run of the mill o-rings. All of the other measurements they need would be very helpful.

Tap'd from my LG G3

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
Okay, tank all dried out, time to measure.

Glass:
OD: 21,75mm
ID: 18,65mm - 18,7mm
CS: 1,6mm - 1,7mm
H: 35,45mm

Top cap:
OD: 22,25mm
ID: somewhere around 18mm, my calipers doesn't fit in this area.
CS: ~2mm my calipers doesn't fit in this area. But the o-ring is a snug fit since it's always stuck up there.

This is what my tank is anyhow.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Okay, tank all dried out, time to measure.

Glass:
OD: 21,75mm
ID: 18,65mm - 18,7mm
CS: 1,6mm - 1,7mm
H: 35,45mm

Top cap:
OD: 22,25mm
ID: somewhere around 18mm, my calipers doesn't fit in this area.
CS: ~2mm my calipers doesn't fit in this area. But the o-ring is a snug fit since it's always stuck up there.

This is what my tank is anyhow.

Ok don't take this wrong and I am not doubting you at all. I just want to make sure. Are you 100% confident with your measurements??? I want to make sure I forward IBT the accurate information.

Thanks

newphreak

ECF Veteran
Oct 15, 2014
Cold north, NORWAY
hehe it's as accurate as I can go with a caliper, and I feel confident that would fit. I work as an industrial mechanic, so I do quite some measuring. But the best would ofcourse be to measure with micrometers. But there seems to be around 0,5mm wiggle room, so it should fit if they are off by a little. Just unscrew your top cap a little and try moving your glass section, it does have some play.
If wanted I guess i could get the measurements of the glass down to 1/100 of a milimeter, but I honestly don't think that's needed.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
hehe it's as accurate as I can go with a caliper, and I feel confident that would fit. I work as an industrial mechanic, so I do quite some measuring. But the best would ofcourse be to measure with micrometers. But there seems to be around 0,5mm wiggle room, so it should fit if they are off by a little. Just unscrew your top cap a little and try moving your glass section, it does have some play.
If wanted I guess i could get the measurements of the glass down to 1/100 of a milimeter, but I honestly don't think that's needed.

Well that is good enough for me. I will forward the information to them and see what happens. Thank you very much for taking the time to do the measurements. I would have grabbed a set of calipers and done it myself. But I didn't trust myself to give them the exact measurements that they needed.

@puffon: I was really surprised when I looked on their site a while ago and didn't see them. The Lemo is extremely popular. The have less popular tank replacements on there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread