need help. I got some adapter problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
Sometimes there's a flaw in the carto threading itself, and many say they can break it in by screwing the carto on and off (of whatever its mate is going to be; in this case the adapter) a few times. The softer metal of the carto will give some eventually, so it can sit flush.

Or, it could be the moving center post of the adapter that's not in position correctly. When you have the adapter off, you can push on its movable center post with something pointy just to get an idea how it moves (but don't pop it out, seems it would be hard to get back in!). I usually start by loosely screwing the adapter onto the batt end; then screwing the carto pretty well onto the other end; then the adapter the rest of the way into the batt end. When finally in place you want there to be as little gapping on either end of it as possible, but to me it seems most important to get the carto end threaded on flush. But it's a balancing act because sometimes if it's too flush in either direction it won't seat correctly at all.

Might also stick a pin into the adapter's little holes to make sure they're not plugged with glue or something (however, there is silicone coating on some areas; don't disturb that). And every now and then a carto label is applied too high and covers the metal notching that should be exposed a little on the rim of its batt end; that can cut off air flow, so you'd want to trim it back with an exacto knife (or jam it back with a fingernail, tho it may not stay there).

If it starts to look like it must be an adapter defect, the supplier would probably replace it, but FYI, other places besides Good Prophets that carry this adapter include Altsmoke, madvapes, cloudsofvapor.com (member BigBuyer's new store), and Nhaler. Probably lots of others by now, especially if they carry KR8s. I have the GP and Altsmoke ones and like them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread