Need help making a loaded voltage tool thingie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
:confused:Sorry for the silly title but I did not know what else to call it. I have seen the thread that puresmoker posted about this but I can not tell exactly how he made it. He only lists the materials needed and does not have any sort of instructions on how to put it together. This may be common knowledge to some people but I am definitely not an electrical wiz. If some one could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated, and if someone had some pictures that would be even better.

P.S. I saw one that David from supertmanufacturing used in his stainless steel loaded voltage video and it looked a lot nicer than the other ones I have seen so if someone knows how to make one like that, that would be even better but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks
in advance.

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
:confused:Sorry for the silly title but I did not know what else to call it. I have seen the thread that puresmoker posted about this but I can not tell exactly how he made it. He only lists the materials needed and does not have any sort of instructions on how to put it together. This may be common knowledge to some people but I am definitely not an electrical wiz. If some one could help me out with this, it would be greatly appreciated, and if someone had some pictures that would be even better.

P.S. I saw one that David from supertmanufacturing used in his stainless steel loaded voltage video and it looked a lot nicer than the other ones I have seen so if someone knows how to make one like that, that would be even better but beggars can't be choosers. Thanks
in advance.

atavanhalen,

If what you are talking about....Is a way to measure the output voltage of a mod with a load on it? Than take a look at the picture below.

In the picture below I used a 2.2 ohm power reststor....You can use any size resistor ,but I used 2,2 because it was very close to the resistance of my cartomizers.

Just connect your meter to the 2 resistor leads and then touch the leads to the connector.

Now if yo went to get fancy...you can solder the resistor to a old atty or carto to make it look more like David's from supert.

DSC03134.jpg

atavanhalen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Wolverine Lake, Michigan
Hey guys, thanks for your help. I was wondering if there was a way to do it without the resistors but instead use an actual carto. Could you tell me if this would work? If I soldered a male 510 adapter to a 510 connector(pos to pos, and neg to neg) and then stripped a couple spots in the wires between the 2. Then screw in a carto and put my meter on the two stripped spots and hit the button? Would this work?

bigblue30

ECF Veteran
Hey guys, thanks for your help. I was wondering if there was a way to do it without the resistors but instead use an actual carto. Could you tell me if this would work? If I soldered a male 510 adapter to a 510 connector(pos to pos, and neg to neg) and then stripped a couple spots in the wires between the 2. Then screw in a carto and put my meter on the two stripped spots and hit the button? Would this work?​

atavanhalen,

That will work for a quick voltage reading. I used a resistor because I did not want to burn out a carto.

If you only hit the button for a second you should be OK. I was using the resistor to dial in a voltage and that took a little longer. If I would of have a real carto connected it would of been toast.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread