Need help on deciding between Cubis vs Toptank mini,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
Hi guys, didn't really know where i should post this so I decided posting it here :)

I'm into my third week in vaping using the eGo AIO, and everything's been great! But for while i've been eyeing towards those regulated box mods. After reading numerous reviews on different mods, i've decided I will get the evic mini. Many great reviews and only minimal rants. My dilemma now is which tank to pair it with. Again, after more researching i came to a stalemate between the Cubis and the Toptank mini. I've put these 2 tanks head-to-head based on various factors, and this is what concluded for the pros and cons of each tank:
Cubis
Pros:
- Cheaper as it's bundled with the evic mini (mod+ tank= $45.20)
- Leak-proof
- Makes the eGo AIO more cost efficient, as I could buy a RBA cubis coil and use the the cubis tank to read the ohm of the build, and use it on the ego AIO. Which would reduce future dependency on buying pre-built coils for the AIO. (RBA base = $3.10)

Cons:
- RBA base is tricky and not so beginner friendly (based on a few reviews) for those who wish to learn to build coils like myself.

Toptank Mini
Pros:
- Many reviews stating that its the RBA base most suited for those who wish to learn on building coils.
- More positive reviews compared to the Cubis
- Looks cooler, Lol..

Cons:
- The price of the evic mini (mod only) and the tank is more expensive ($36.15 + $23.1 = $59.25).
- If I still wanted the RBA base for the AIO, I would need to buy the cubis tank for an additional $18.50.
- Slight leaking.

It all comes down to Cost-efficiency vs Beginner-friendly. If I buy the evic mini+cubis bundle I could save up to $14-30. But is building cubis coils actually that hard? Would it be better to spend more on the Toptank mini for a more beginner-friendly experience?
Many thanks in advance :D

Vapin4Real

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Texas
Honestly I think if you are wanting to get into rebuilding you should buy an RTA versus these tanks primarily made for prebuilt coils that have RBA decks sold separately. If I were you seeing as you are very new to vaping I would try out some tanks with the prebuilt coils before you get into rebuilding. There are a lot of us who build that have been using these new tanks with their prebuilt coils because of the great flavor they are producing.
Here are some tanks you should take a look at
1. Uwell Crown
2. Aspire Cleito
3. Isub G
4. Kanger Subtank
5. Herakles
I have actually heard good things about the Cubis as well. Seeing as it comes part of the kit with your Evic Mini that would be a good starting tank. Try the different coils the Cubis has to offer and see what you think. It comes with 2 SS316 coils a 1 ohm and a .5ohm as well as a a 1.5ohm clapton coil. Try different wattages with each and see what you think. I would experiment with these tanks first before you jump right into building. The flavor production these give will probably surprise you. As I said before, a lot of us who build are using these tanks more than our RTA's/RDA's.

But to answer your question if I had to choose between the Cubis and Toptank I would go Cubis.

Vapin4Real

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2014
Texas
Also if you are planning to get into building you should ALWAYS use an Ohm meter to read the ohms of a build. You need to understand OHMs law and have an understanding about safety and which tools to use. Why would you want to use an RBA coil to put in your AIO? Based on what you have said I really think you should stick with prebuilt coils/tanks for now. I really think you will enjoy the experience. If you decide later that you want to get into building then make sure you educate yourself and have a better understanding of what is involved with rebuilding.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
I love the RBA on the subtank/toptank. It's easy to work with and performs well. It comes in two version and both are fantastic. Only thing you gotta master is wicking. Plus as was mentioned before, it has great stock coils should building become frustrating and you want to take a break. I don't think you'd be dissapointed with either the subtank or toptank mini.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
So far its 1 for Cubis, 2 for Toptank and 1 for real RTA's... these mixed feelings are starting to get the better of me! :p
Deep down though, my personal choice was the cubis. Based mostly on the cost-efficient part, because i'm really on a tight budget. But I'm definitely going to buy the Toptank Mini once I have the extra cash on hand. With so many reviews it would be a waste to not buy it I think.

Also if you are planning to get into building you should ALWAYS use an Ohm meter to read the ohms of a build. You need to understand OHMs law and have an understanding about safety and which tools to use. Why would you want to use an RBA coil to put in your AIO? Based on what you have said I really think you should stick with prebuilt coils/tanks for now. I really think you will enjoy the experience. If you decide later that you want to get into building then make sure you educate yourself and have a better understanding of what is involved with rebuilding.
I absolutely agree with you sir. With only 3 weeks into vaping, my knowledge and experience is nowhere near the level to learn coil building (i'm still enjoying the zero hassle from the pre-built coils anyways :D). My plan though, is to slowly invest in buying the needed tools for coil building, like a coil building toolkit and of course an Ohm reader. All that while educating myself on the needed knowledge like Ohm's law, resistance and wicking. By the time i'll be ready for coil building, I might have already own the Toptank as well. Why use an RBA coil for the AIO? Again cost-efficient. When I have skills to build on the Cubis, I might as well learn to build for the AIO to save more money. But then again, I'm still a long way to go :D

+1. If you really want to rebuild, get an RTA. It's just way easier to do.
I was thinking on buying the Crown, Crius or Grifffin as my RTA. But that isn't going to anytime soon :p

Smocian257

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2014
Green Valley, Arizona
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple accounts are not permitted on ECF.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread