Need Help on DIY percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttlord

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
Buttland
Yea I think DIY would be fun to do. How long do you let stuff steep?

eh. never really. I go through about 10-15ml a day, it doesnt get a chance to steep. Ive never noticed a diff when something does sit around a while, but anything more than a month old I find kinda gross.
And keep all of your things out of direct sunlight.
One of my buddies who vapes and smokes lets his juice rot in the sun, there isn't a bottle of juice he owns that isn't like tar black from rotting.

flintlock62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2012
Arkansas Delta
It depends. Tobacco juices take 2 weeks to a month. Simple fruit juices like I use need no steep time unless I'm blending 2 or more juices together. The different flavors need a little time to marry, 3 or 4 days.

Yea I think DIY would be fun to do. How long do you let stuff steep?

Buttlord

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
Buttland
Okay I am definitely going to start playing around with this.

its so much damn fun.
check this out, the best place in town for juice makes their flavors at 10% and sell a 30ml bottle for 18.00

I now make the same exact bottle, with the same exact flavoring brand (the flavorers apprentice), 2.50 for 30ml

Buttlord

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
Buttland
Yea I definitely want to save money that way. Is there a good list of recipes somewhere?

I would suggest with what you like first, then once you have that established then start getting crazy, don't worry, this will only take like a week of dicking around.

I really like the RY4xdouble and pina colada flavors from TFA, so I started with those and then branched out.
And don't get bummed if the first few things you make suck. I think the first 4 bottle of stuff I made didn't turn out very well.
Just learn as you go.
I definately suggest RTSvapes for supplies and you can get TFA flavors there too (as well as the flavors/perfumers apprentice website)

Go nuts, buy a buttload of little samples, they are only 3 bucks for enough flavoring to make a bottle or 2 of juice

Once you have the flavor you love down, then go mad scientist with it and tear it up. I make all sorts of weird crap all the time. Half the time its like vaping horse piss, but the other half is so awesome that it makes up for it.

And also NEVER TRY THE BLACK SEASAME, I would rather blow a yak than get near that flavor again.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
"And also NEVER TRY THE BLACK SEASAME, I would rather blow a yak than get near that flavor again."

"BLACK SEASAME" "BLACK SEASAME" !!!!... Given your choice, ... I'll go find you a Yak !
I think I have every flavor (but that one) from all the big company's, and I'm ready to start my new hobby.
Of what I can taste, I've just GOT to find a way to make caramel popcorn and cheesecake with different fruits.
I'm NEVER without my tobacco ego, so I've ordered a lot of different concentrate of that, plus I want to try adding fruit, honey, maple, etc to it. I saw lots of ideas on the net, but why buy them when I can make my own,
Thanks everyone for all your help, I have a lot more confidence now to get started.

PRIMER

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2013
DENVER 303
go to RTSvapes, buy some 100mg nic, some PG <its cheap as hell>, and VG <cheap>, and pick out some flavorings, I suggest TFA,

As far as equipment goes, I work in a hospital so I just lift all the measuring stuff and syringes I need.
Either just buy some or make friends with a nurse so they can lift you some haha

Renegade DIY spirit!
I stocked up on DIY syringes for free at my local needle exchange (for IV drug users).
DIY or die tryin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread