Need Help Recipe for Orange Life Savers

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
TFA has a Sweet Orange, but it's 100% orange oil, and you may be reluctant to inhale too much of it.
Inawera's Orange gets great reviews, though the difficulty in getting it to mix lead me to believe it's also oil-based.
FlavourArt has an Orange I like. It mixes up easily, stays mixed, and it's a plain 'orange' flavor. I use it max 2-3%, but for candy strength, you might go as high as 5%.

Once you eliminate all the orange-cream, orange-mango, orange-other-stuff versions, there aren't a lot to choose from.

we2rcool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Iowa, IA, USA
TFA has a Sweet Orange, but it's 100% orange oil, and you may be reluctant to inhale too much of it.
Inawera's Orange gets great reviews, though the difficulty in getting it to mix lead me to believe it's also oil-based.
FlavourArt has an Orange I like. It mixes up easily, stays mixed, and it's a plain 'orange' flavor. I use it max 2-3%, but for candy strength, you might go as high as 5%.

Once you eliminate all the orange-cream, orange-mango, orange-other-stuff versions, there aren't a lot to choose from.

To us (having not tried Inawera), Hangsen's Orange is the most realistic. We love FA's Orange, and it's just 'candy enough' to be THE perfect 'orange' for our Creamsicle (along with two orange creams/other)...so wethinks the FA might be the perfect base for an Orange Lifesaver.

'Might want to consider adding a drop-or-two of FA's Mandarin (for that Lifesaver 'zing' thing), or a drop-or-two of Capella's Tangerine. Many times "the perfect fruit" is a blend of fruits.

Last edited:

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
.... Many times "the perfect fruit" is a blend of fruits.

True that. TFA Orange Cream with Capella Tangerine mixes well. A Cherry goes good with an Apple, etc. The possibilities are endless. A simple two fruit mix is a good place to start for diy'ers, you can play with the percentages, learn how they interact and taste, and still have a vapeable end result pretty much no matter what.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread