Need help, Smok battery/charge issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerrinPS

May 27, 2016
alright, so im very new to ecigs, infact the only two ive had before this was an ego, about a year ago, and an endura t22, by inoken i think, but i thought id upgrade so i baught a smok Xpro bt50, now i made a rookie mistake because at the start i just thought they need normal lithium batteries,so i ordered some normal ones but turned out they needed flat heads, anyway i finally got a flat head battery today (lg chem 18650 HG2 battery 3000 mAh 3.6 V)all was gonig good they fit in (unlike the last ones) and so i put that in the right way, as soon as i put it in the little led screen lit up with X-pro for a few seconds and then came up with a battery charging icon, and whaat says 45% charge next to it i cant get out of it ive tried everything, i dont know what im doing wrong, is it the battery, or the mod? i used the reset button a couple of times, and the only difference was instead of going straight to the 45% charging icon thing, it showed the main screen ( aka the amount of watts it was currently set at) and then went straight to charging icon again, i cant do anything ive clicked the button 3 times on and off 4 times5, 6,7 etc, i ve held all the buttons down, ive tried charging it at my computer, at the wall using and iphone wall plug, and i dont really know where to go from here, as i said im really no expert, so maybe you guys can help,

sorry for the rambling,

cheers.

Last edited:

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes

TerrinPS

May 27, 2016
    Hmm.. I don't buy Smok products, however:
    Both reviews mention some little niggles that may be part of your issue.
    Have you updated to 65W? Have you connected it to a BT device?
    It seems to be an "unpopular" device. I hope you got a great deal on it.
    Best of luck
    I

SMOK XPRO BT50 REVIEW – Overall A Bit Of A Letdown | Best E Cigarette Reviews 2016, E Cig Vape Brand Comparisons
    and
    Review Smok XPro BT50
    yeah i got that feeling when i started to look it up, not many reviews not much about it, it seems overall to be a let down, which is a shame, i payed like £30 for it, so could be worse, and i cant update it, because of this error, the device switches off after 5-6 seconds of the charging icon and then if i press the button again, no matter how many times it just does what i stated above, very frustrating . thank you for the suggestion tho :)

Izan

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    BLah... See if you can return it. Are you in the UK?
    A better choice might be the Evic Mini or similar.
    good luck
    I

Returning faulty goods
    If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, The Consumer Contracts Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act (which replaces the Sale of Goods Act from 1 October 2015) as you have when buying in store.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.

TerrinPS

May 27, 2016
    BLah... See if you can return it. Are you in the UK?
    A better choice might be the Evic Mini or similar.
    good luck
    I

Returning faulty goods
    If you receive faulty goods and wish to return them, The Consumer Contracts Regulations are in addition to your other legal rights.

So, if your goods are faulty and don’t do what they're supposed to, or don’t match the description given, you have the same consumer rights under the Consumer Rights Act (which replaces the Sale of Goods Act from 1 October 2015) as you have when buying in store.

Any terms and conditions that say you must cover the cost of returning an item wouldn’t apply where the goods being returned are faulty.
    yeah im located in the uk, and yeah i think the best option is to return it, i was swaying towards doing that, but i thought i better just get some advice first in case it was a small error that could be easily fixed, but as it looks at the moment it isnt a small matter, and its broken. thank you for your help though much appreciated. ill look into the evic mini and do a bit more research on the mod im buying this time i think haha oh well, i guess i learned the hard way on this occasion.

TerrinPS

May 27, 2016
    Don't sweat it @TerrinPS

Some of us spent a fortune on cig-a-likes and then mods that worked for about 3 months before dying an agonizing death.

My evic VTC mini is 6 months old. I figure if you get that, then be happy.
    Smok are notorious (ask some UK vendors) but they are getting better.
    cheers dude haha, and yeah i guessed i wasnt the only one who has been in this situation, gunna look at some others, and yeah the evic VTC mini looks pretty good, will probably pick that one up,
    cheers man :)

Reactions: djsvapour
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread