Need help w/ Genesis Style...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RsK0807

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Columbia, Pennsylvania, United States
First working coil/wick setup I had on the did was great, put out good vapor and great flavor. Just did a full clean on my DID and made a new wick and setup a 5/4 kanthal a-1 32 coil. Now I'm getting great flavor, but barely any vapor. Coil comes out to 1.4ohms after a day of use... What could be the issue here? Using a 50/50 blend & 400 mesh...
Help is appreciated...

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
First working coil/wick setup I had on the did was great, put out good vapor and great flavor. Just did a full clean on my DID and made a new wick and setup a 5/4 kanthal a-1 32 coil. Now I'm getting great flavor, but barely any vapor. Coil comes out to 1.4ohms after a day of use... What could be the issue here? Using a 50/50 blend & 400 mesh...
Help is appreciated...

With a 5/4 wrap, using a 32 kanthal, how are you getting such low ohms. Are you making a very skinny wick? This might be the problem. I use the allen key to make my wick using a32 kanthal, with 3/4 wrap, and get 2.8 ohms, enormous vape and flavor, using 50/50 pg-vg. I use a vv mod set at 4.5 volts.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

RsK0807

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Columbia, Pennsylvania, United States
Maybe what MMvapors sent with the DID wasn't 32 AWG... It SAYS it is on their website... I have some Kanthal on order from HouseofHybrids so we'll see when i get that...
i've been making fat wicks almost filling the wick hole...
I've used up my small supply of wire so i have to wait for that to come in the mail, but after i get everything, i'm going to try a dual wick setup, and again, a 5/4 wrap...

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
Maybe what MMvapors sent with the DID wasn't 32 AWG... It SAYS it is on their website... I have some Kanthal on order from HouseofHybrids so we'll see when i get that...
i've been making fat wicks almost filling the wick hole...
I've used up my small supply of wire so i have to wait for that to come in the mail, but after i get everything, i'm going to try a dual wick setup, and again, a 5/4 wrap...

I never used the wire sent by mm vape, I have my own kanthal. It might be because I use a hybrid peter k method and build my coils on a drill bit, attach, and then add wick later. Makes for esay cleaning of wick, and coil because I can remove wick and leave coil. I also use a duel wick. Does really draw the liquid.

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
Do you oxidize both wicks in your dual-wick setup?

Absolutely, I'm presuming your talking about rolling wick one on the Allen key, then a smaller one on say a paper clip, then inserting the thinner, into the fatter. Yes I jack frost both wicks on a butane blue flame until grey.

ricklynchcore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2012
Chicago, Il
What is exactly the peter k method?

Then there's 'petar k's non oxidized version. It basically involves wrapping the coil around a 2mm screw then sliding the wick in, which is just briefly gone over w/ a lighter (not fully oxidized).

I haven't tried it but some say it works well. I think the cigarette paper is best for those having trouble w/ shorts imho.

http://www.vaporwall.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1838

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread