Need Help with a Project!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
This isn't an E-cig Pay it Forward. This is my way of Paying it Forward to the Homeless. My husband and I volunteer at a Homeless Shelter from December to April. We run washers and dryers...beg for clothes, beg for sponsors so we can have a caterer bring in meals and we serve mostly chicken, greens, yams, and bread. My best friends is head of emergency services at a hospital and an emergency nurse. They are there free of charge to help with the medical needs. We do have sponsors for the money (churches, groups, etc.)

Anyway, my personal project this year is to make a bed mat out of plastic bags (like at the plastic bags at the grocery store) for each of them. It takes 500 bags per bed. It will have a handle on it so they can roll up and sling it on their shoulder and therefore, lightweight. Okay, I looked it up on the internet and the only way that googled up was with knitting or crocheting....that will take too much time...I really wanted a weaving technique. Has anyone seen or heard of a weaving technique to do this? If not, I guess I gotta refine my crocheting or knitting skills...lol...I am not good at it...lol...that is why I wondered if anyone has seen a woven one???

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
Thank you very much but it still involves a crochet thingie but if it comes to that, I guess that is what we will do.

Nice enough that you cared to answer and I thank you.

If anyone else posts, I am not ignoring you. My Grandson, Luke, has his Baptism this Sunday and I will be in Baltimore for a few days.

Peace and Love make the world a better place.

sandyk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2009
Clarkston, Michigan
You know what, Clumsy? Another friend of mine suggested that also...that just might work....I have to figure it out but I believe we just might do that. Thank you for putting it back in my mind.

Power of Paranoia...hmmm..interesting name...lol...going to have to ask you some day what that means. Thank you and yes, we might be interested in the bags...first though, we need to figure out if we can actually do it...none of knit or crochet very good....lol....

BUT I AM DETERMINED TO DO THIS.....THE WINTER IS FAST APPROACHING. I have donated quilts but they get dirty and wet and heavy. These bed mats can be whipped off and dry quickly. No one in America today should go hungry and cold. If you have ever seen the face of someone who is terribly hungry and you offer a meal, you will understand what warmth in the heart is-----the love of a human being.

PowerofParanoia

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2010
San Marcos, TX
You know what, Clumsy? Another friend of mine suggested that also...that just might work....I have to figure it out but I believe we just might do that. Thank you for putting it back in my mind.

Power of Paranoia...hmmm..interesting name...lol...going to have to ask you some day what that means. Thank you and yes, we might be interested in the bags...first though, we need to figure out if we can actually do it...none of knit or crochet very good....lol....

BUT I AM DETERMINED TO DO THIS.....THE WINTER IS FAST APPROACHING. I have donated quilts but they get dirty and wet and heavy. These bed mats can be whipped off and dry quickly. No one in America today should go hungry and cold. If you have ever seen the face of someone who is terribly hungry and you offer a meal, you will understand what warmth in the heart is-----the love of a human being.

The username doesn't really have much meaning. My favorite word is paranoia and I wanted to come up with some sort of alliteration. Power was the first word that came to mind. It's my username for mostly everything on the internet. I've never run into a situation where someone has taken my username before. :p

As for the bags, Feel free to PM me when you decide what to do. I have tons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread