Need help with build!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I don't recommend what Thrasher said.. 18350's don't support low ohms. If you want to be safe, try going up in your gauge. 32 gauge is hard to work with, but it can work. It won't create clouds, but it will work. the ohm build is more dependent on what batteries you're using instead of the device. what battery(s) are you using?

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Thrasher pretty much hit it in regards to the problem.

With a mech mod you're limited not only by the resistance but also by the amount of metal in the coil. You've got a 1.1 resistance, but two 2.2ohm coils is a lot of metal to heat up and it takes a lot of time to heat that metal. A single 1.1ohm coil would heat up much faster.

Be careful about going to low on the resistance with that battery though. It's not a good battery to try subohm builds with.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I don't recommend what Thrasher said.. 18350's don't support low ohms. If you want to be safe, try going up in your gauge. 32 gauge is hard to work with, but it can work. It won't create clouds, but it will work. the ohm build is more dependent on what batteries you're using instead of the device. what battery(s) are you using?

If the battery can't even handle 5 amps ( most are rated for 10 pulse) it shouldn't even be sold for vaping.

I'm using an MXJO 3.7V 700mah 10.5A

Don't worry man, some of us do know what we're doing lol

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
If its a 10a battery try for 0.7Ω build. 0.5 and lower is not good.
Though thats still around 7 wraps at 2.5mm. May still take a while to heat up.
So either try that or get a battery with a higher amp draw and build lower or get some thinner wire.

that's right. for 18350, they don't make a high drain battery. 10a is about as high as you can get. .7 ohms you will get it heating up faster. thinner, (30 or 32 gauge) will heat up faster, but it will have a lot less wraps, so I'd forgo any micro coil. It also makes it harder to rewick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread