Need help with DIY Flavor Concentrates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
Ok so here's what's going on. This morning I was vaping and all of a sudden my lips started going numb & tingling only when I hit my vape. I thought it was because i was dehydrated but nope that wasn't it. Finally i went into the bathroom, looked in the mirror and puckered up, my lips had hives on them. Now I just started to make my own vape juice and this allergic reaction happened after i made my first 60%vg 40%pg diy-juice an tried it out, well that was a bad idea on my part. I switched back to vaping my 70%vg 30%pg diy-juice and my lips are still tingling and numb only when I hit my vape, even at what I was normally vaping.

Now what I need help with is finding Concentrated flavors that are made with 100% vegetable glycerin, but problem is I can only seem to find premade 100%vg e-juice, not Flavored Concentrates made with Vegetable glycerin. Can someone please help me cause if I cant find flavored concentrates then I'm gonna have to go back to rolling and smoking cigarettes again which I really dont want to do because they are nasty & taste like ....

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
You could just make your juice with VG and still use flavors made with PG... should only end up around 10-15 % PG. Also if the high VG juice is too thick, you can add a very small bit of distilled water to thin it out. How long have you been vaping? Has the PG ever bothered you before? Do you have any food allergies?

Reactions: Izan

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Now what I need help with is finding Concentrated flavors that are made with 100% vegetable glycerin
You will also probably need nic cut with only VG too. Suggest you vape only 100 VG unflavored and see if you could get use to this. I have like so many of PG Free vapers. Suggest you get back to us if PG Free works for you then post a requirement for one or two PG Free recipes in the category* you wish to pursue.
*Some of my general categories:
Bakery
Butterscotch / Butter Rum/Toffee
Caramel
Chocolate
Cinnamon
Creams/Custards/Vanilla/MM/CC
Nut
Peanut Butter
Tobacco
MISC SINGLES/Fruit etc.

Tweak401

Sep 2, 2020
Ma
aight so I went Saturday to an allergy physician because I'm getting back on my allergy shots. Anyways, I brought all my vaping stuff with me and they tested me for every ingredient, and I'm 100% allergic to propylene glycol. Now this is going to be really fun figuring everything out because out of all the concentrates from Capella that I bought, only the green apple I can use and everything else i have to throw out. This sucks cause all the money i spent gone down the drain.

Anyways, now its time to find my VG only concentrates

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    You might be able to recoup some of your money by selling them here on the classifieds.
    Ya. Sell 'em or PIF 'em. You'll feel much better than if you just pour 'em out and toss the bottles in the trash.

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2014
    United States

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    PEG400 was great for me. I can tolerate a small amount of PG usually about 10% or less, but any less it's like pins and needles and numb in my mouth. It was no fun MTL 90% VG and yeah, I tried the water bit (It does improve consistency and it does actually improve flavor a tiny bit.) I tried vodka but that got dreary chocolate plus vodka, everything tasting like flavor plus vodka. There, too you only want to use a little bit and it will think the vape but as it so happens I only like the taste of vodka if it also gets me drunk and inhaling it doesn't do the trick.

PEG400 is LESS viscous than VG but more so than PG. I usually use a 65%PEG 10%PG (flavors) and 40% VG and it winds out fine. The biggest thing I noticed was PEG400 did not hurt (and please, everything I read about it was not alarming but do your own research (although I did totally trust the guy who recommended it) I did my own search.

The biggest thing I noticed is it is a much better flavor carrier than VG alone. To me, VG only kind of makes flavors IDK muddy while PEG400 makes them sharper and crisper. I didn't reduce my clouds that much but I did find I was a lot happier with the mix in general and my tanks didn't heat up as much.

If you have many flavors, heck, sell them, PIF them, trade them for PEG (although River Supply sold it pretty cheaply last I checked) but if they are on the new side and in good shape, someone will want them.

I have a BUNCH of mostly Capella flavors that are perfectly fine, were well stored, and would have cost me a ton more to buy than if I had done so new and I haven't contracted anything I know of (From them anyway.)

You just need to list approximate age, storage, whether they've been opened or not, and price them reasonably and you (and the buyer) are both better off.

Good luck. I am really grateful someone suggested PEG400 to me and I hope you can try it.

Anna

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    inhaling it doesn't do the trick.
    Have you tried it in a nebulizer?

I hope you can try it.
    I'll be glad to send ya 30ml out of the bottle I already opened. PEG tastes more sharp, as Anna said, but to me, it tastes more like vodka than the PG, which I have the similar thought... If I'm not trying to indulge in libations, I'd rather not taste it.
    Funny how subjective taste is though.

ETA: my father swore vodka didn't have a taste.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    aight so I went Saturday to an allergy physician because I'm getting back on my allergy shots. Anyways, I brought all my vaping stuff with me and they tested me for every ingredient, and I'm 100% allergic to propylene glycol. Now this is going to be really fun figuring everything out because out of all the concentrates from Capella that I bought, only the green apple I can use and everything else i have to throw out. This sucks cause all the money i spent gone down the drain.

Anyways, now its time to find my VG only concentrates

Could start with top "PG Free" concentrate (all need to be reconfirmed/tend to have the most selections) Suppliers:
    #1 Natures Flavors, NF
    #2 Real Flavors / Northwest Flavors,NWF, Not sure if still manufacturing flavors.
    #3 OoO Flavors: (Careful oooflavors are not easy to work with and some pg free flavor claims are not PG Free.)
    #4 Nude Nicotine,NN, Flavor Concentrates
    #5 Viper Flavors [Organic Flavors],VF
    Some concentrated manufactures claim to be producing PG Free flavors but when you read the Safety Data Sheets (SDSs), or talk to them, I found out that they may be using PG in small quantities. Suggest you confirm any of the other non mentioned above mfgr's if what you are buying is 100% PG Free.
    Note that many mfgr's have some PG Free flavors.
    3/2019

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread