Need help with EVOD's

Status
Not open for further replies.

irehc77

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2013
Northern Michigan
Have a question. I thought the replacement head on a T-3 and the evod are interchangeable? I must be wrong. I know the evod and kanger pro tank heads are interchangeable.

I have replacement heads that are marked for EVOD's but some of the boxes have the short center post and some have the long center post. Same ohm's. So can anyone tell me the difference why some posts are long and some short?

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Hi. No the T3 heads are not the same as the EVOD/KPT heads, sorry.

Kanger used to make two different sized heads for the protank and the EVOD, though they could be used interchangeably. Since they were interchangeable, Kanger dropped production of the EVOD heads and now only make the single head for use in both. The KPT had the larger center posts, while the EVOD heads were small heads. I'm sure there is remaining stock out there for the EVOD heads, but for the most part, they're the same now.

PONKAW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2011
Panama city
Have a question. I thought the replacement head on a T-3 and the evod are interchangeable? I must be wrong. I know the evod and kanger pro tank heads are interchangeable.

I have replacement heads that are marked for EVOD's but some of the boxes have the short center post and some have the long center post. Same ohm's. So can anyone tell me the difference why some posts are long and some short?

It sounds like you are trying to sort out heads to use in your Evod. The long stems in the one pack of heads (protank) can easily be swapped with the shorter stems. Just hold the base and wiggle the stems back and fourth while gently pulling. then set the desired stem into the desired base (I like to tap the top of the stem lightly to make sure its seated all the way). Don't be too aggressive because the base material is basically a pot-metal and will snap if too much force is used.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Actually, there are THREE types concerned here -

a) The old EVOD heads (can't get em anymore) are the short posts. They also work in a ProTank.

b) The new Protank/EVOD heads - longer post, they work in both EVOD and ProTank

c) The T3 head. This is where it gets confusing. They ALMOST look just like the ProTank head, but the flange is slightly different!! You can use the T3 head in a ProTank or EVOD, but you probably CAN'T use a ProTank/EVOD coil in a T3!!! It's a slight diameter difference (~9mm v. ~10mm) and it MIGHT work, with SOME T3's, but it might not fit...

I suppose in theory that means people like me who have all three could buy just T3 coils, but so far I've been treating my T3's separately, and I'm using up my short EVOD coils in EVODs (and saving them, to learn to rebuild, in case I later find I don't like the long tube type in an EVOD).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread