Newbie that needs advice on a Kanger Topbox Nano

Status
Not open for further replies.

melaniebaker2012

Mar 27, 2018
I've only been vaping for a couple of months and I need some advice about a new mod I just bought. The first and only other device I've ever used was a Kanger Evod Pro V2 with the 1.0 ohm coil that came with it and I absolutely loved it! After using it for only 1 day I completely quit smoking cigarettes. Now that I know I'm for sure giving up cigarettes I decided to invest in a better device and I ended up buying a Kanger Topbox Nano. I thought I'd like a mod with different settings I could adjust even better, but presently that's not the case. When I bought the Topbox Nano I didn't realize how different my vaping experience would be with it compared to the Evod Pro V2. I'm not getting an intense enough throat hit and I feel like I'm getting alot less vapor when I take a hit than I did with my old device. It also feels like I'm getting too much air when I take a hit and I have the air flow adjuster almost all the way closed, but on the Evod Pro V2 I had the air flow all the way open. With my new Topbox Nano I'm using the .15 ohm Ni coil that came with it and I have the temp set at 420°F. I really want to use the Topbox Nano I bought so does anyone have advice on how I can get more vapor and a more intense throat hit with less air? Like should I use a different coil or different settings? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
BTW, I'm using the exact same 16mg 50/50 blend of e-juice in both devices.

chellie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2014
USA
I used the topbox nano for a long time and now use a topbox mini. I am not a crazy cloud chaser but I was a very heavy analog smoker-- I used the .5 coil at 20-21 watts and I was very satisfied. If I used the 1.2 coil as @Shawn Hoefer suggested I vaped at 13.6 watts. The 1.2 coil in my opinion was a tighter suck hard kind of draw and the .5 coil; was a nice easy hit with great taste and vapor. I did not use temperature mode on the nano.

If you use the .5 coil you will want to use lower nic. My preference is to use a higher VG percentage.

Once I went to the .5 coil - my whole vaping experience, which was already great, became even better.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've only been vaping for a couple of months and I need some advice about a new mod I just bought. The first and only other device I've ever used was a Kanger Evod Pro V2 with the 1.0 ohm coil that came with it and I absolutely loved it! After using it for only 1 day I completely quit smoking cigarettes. Now that I know I'm for sure giving up cigarettes I decided to invest in a better device and I ended up buying a Kanger Topbox Nano. I thought I'd like a mod with different settings I could adjust even better, but presently that's not the case. When I bought the Topbox Nano I didn't realize how different my vaping experience would be with it compared to the Evod Pro V2. I'm not getting an intense enough throat hit and I feel like I'm getting alot less vapor when I take a hit than I did with my old device. It also feels like I'm getting too much air when I take a hit and I have the air flow adjuster almost all the way closed, but on the Evod Pro V2 I had the air flow all the way open. With my new Topbox Nano I'm using the .15 ohm Ni coil that came with it and I have the temp set at 420°F. I really want to use the Topbox Nano I bought so does anyone have advice on how I can get more vapor and a more intense throat hit with less air? Like should I use a different coil or different settings? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!!
BTW, I'm using the exact same 16mg 50/50 blend of e-juice in both devices.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The following thread may give you an idea of whats going on with regards to advice.
Might like to read:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...re-and-lower-resistance.706656/#post-16692106

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
Both suggestions that you use a higher ohm coil and that you use eliquid with more PG in it will help you get a better throat hit.

As for the tank being too airy, you may want to try a different tank that is designed for MTL (mouth to lung). I can't suggest any off the top of my head because I'm a DTL (direct to lung) vaper myself. However, I can at least vouch that the Smok Baby Beast and Uwell Crown tanks can be adjusted to restrict the air flow very well.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
You don't really have any options since it is the Nano it won't sit flush with many tanks I know of, but try the higher ohms coils and purchase a smaller bore MTL drip tip. That alone will cut it down a good amount. I've found most any tank can make a decent MTL with the right drip tip.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
  • Useful
Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread