I messed up my order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyAmethyst

Apr 3, 2011
Rifle, CO
Okay, I messed up when I did my last order for my ejuice.
I usually get 120ml premix 100% pg and @36mg nic to cut down to 18mg nic and 70/30 pg/vg.

I divide it down to 30ml bottles and that recipe looks like this:
Base PG Nic % 36mg
Target PG Nic % 18mg
Amount to be made for recipe 30ml
VG 30%
Flavorings 20%

The calculations for that come out like this:
PG with nicotine 15ml Flavored Pre-mixed
VG 9ml
Flavorings 6ml

This time I got 100% pg @18mg nic, but I want to change it to be the 70/30 pg/vg but keep the 18mg nic.

What I want to do now is see if I can fix it. What would I need to order and how do I mix it in order to do that?

LadyA

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Well, I can only go off your OP where you had 20% flavoring added in to the whole mix....
120ml of 18mg PG
48 ml of flavoring (20% of total and assumed to be PG)
72 ml of 18mg VG
=70/30 PG/VG at 18mg/ml at 20% total flavoring

Hoosier, in the OP her target is 18mg so she will need a nic base higher than 18mg if flavoring is used.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Hoosier, in the OP her target is 18mg so she will need a nic base higher than 18mg if flavoring is used.

Yep, I gave her a formula to follow that will get her to 14mg and keep the PG/VG ratios that seemed to be the primary concern. Figured 14.4mg/ml was close enough so it kept within the usually available mg's. Didn't even think about the OP getting some 24mg VG so that the formula would result in 16.2mg/ml which is even closer.

Of course, I'm not really sure why most folks fret over the PG/VG final ratio so much, but it seems to be common enough that I think folks just like all the extra math involved. People approach this in ways alien to my head. (The constant of 20% flavoring is another example because I cannot imagine vaping 240ml of the exact same juice.)

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Why not? I smoked the exact same cigarettes for 30 years! And besides I LIKE my mix!
LadyA

I cannot eat the same lunch everyday, nor the same dinner. I generally carry 6 different juices on me at all times. The concept of one and only one is alien to my brain.

I used to work with a guy who ate the same lunch every single day. He was very upset one day when his Mott's Apple Sauce had cinnamon in it because he only wanted the non-cinnamon version. I see it, but cannot comprehend it.

I can see you like your mix, I just cannot comprehend it.

bamsbbq

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Tacoma,WA
if i had not run out of my daily flavoring, i would mix up a big bottle of my daily liquid as well... i change it up all the time but i end up going back to my daily vape.(before i ran out)

i mixed up some Capellas Vanilla Custard,Capellas's Peanut Butter,TPA double Chocolate,FW Caramel,TPA Marshmallow,EM

i mixed 5ml's first and it was very tasty...i mixed up 44ml of it next as that is how much vanilla custard i had left.

not sure what to call it but i have been vaping it for the last 3 days and i must say it is pretty tasty and only gets better each day..

LadyAmethyst

Apr 3, 2011
Rifle, CO
You have my curiosity up...what is this great juice you make? :)

All it is, is MaxxBlend Menthol with a touch of Honey! I LIKE the tobacco taste! Didn't quit smoking because of taste, I quit because of $$$$$. The problem with the order is that I usually get the 36mg @ 100% pg and cut it down to 18mg @ 70/30 pg/vg. Saves a little money! This time when I ordered, I was not paying attention and ordered 18mg of 100% pg. So I have now done another order to fix it!

LadyA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread