Need help with my smok alien

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceVaper

Dec 24, 2017
So today i downloaded and installed the new firmware and a good 2 seconds after i put the batteries in and turn on the mod the screen turned off.i tried everything from hard reseting the mod and installing the firmware again but the firmware installing program doesent seem to be detecting the mod and putting the batteries in doesent seem to be doing anything either. Yes i made sure to use a data trasnfer cable and the batteries are charged and no the mod inst in stealth mode. I don't know what to do so if anyone can help me thank you.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I remember something about when I updated mine to v1.3.2 that I had to release the fire bar after step 3, if I remember correctly. Or I'm thinking if the G-Priv.
I know if I opened the update tool early it would never connect. Had the same issue with both my Captains until I figured out the correct sequence to connect the USB cable.
How long have you had your Alien?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Reactions: stols001

SpaceVaper

Dec 24, 2017
I remember something about when I updated mine to v1.3.2 that I had to release the fire bar after step 3, if I remember correctly. Or I'm thinking if the G-Priv.
I know if I opened the update tool early it would never connect. Had the same issue with both my Captains until I figured out the correct sequence to connect the USB cable.
How long have you had your Alien?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
For a few months and i really tried everything but no matter what i do it wont detect or show any sign of life

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wish I could be of help, but I know almost nothing about the mod. Even if your store offers a 30 day warranty, I am thinking it may be possible that Smok offers a 90 day warranty so it may be worth talking to them (I am not 100% certain, but it's possible). Best of luck, perhaps someone will come along with a magic fix but checking out warranty issues so that you know how much time you have left to try and fix it may be worthwhile.

I hope you get it straightened out.

Anna

Reactions: Tonee N

SpaceVaper

Dec 24, 2017
I wish I could be of help, but I know almost nothing about the mod. Even if your store offers a 30 day warranty, I am thinking it may be possible that Smok offers a 90 day warranty so it may be worth talking to them (I am not 100% certain, but it's possible). Best of luck, perhaps someone will come along with a magic fix but checking out warranty issues so that you know how much time you have left to try and fix it may be worthwhile.

I hope you get it straightened out.

Anna
Sadly both of my warranties are out of date

• Optimistic

yo vapo

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2011
Texas
Since I posted about my Alien problems, I'm seeing lots of others having problems with them as well. Looks like a QC issue--people seem to get either a great one or a lemon.
I just decided to abandon mine and get something else, accept my loss, move on, and never buy another Smok product.

Cid6.7

Dec 12, 2017
B.C Canada
Mine caught fire an hour ago she's toast...
Too bad I liked that mod but I sure wont be buying another..

See if your problem is on this page its got a lot of different fixes..

Code:
https://gr33nonline.wordpress.com/2017/10/15/smok-alien-220w-will-not-turn-on/

Took some pics before and after.
It started out as a Ohm Too Low error for a few days then the screen wouldnt turn on and now this is what she looks like https://photos.app.goo.gl/5EKgZZ16tMDXc14I2

BackDoc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2010
Galts Gulch
I have two Smok Aliens that have traveled over a thousand miles bouncing around in my bike's saddlebag without a problem. Most of the paint is gone on both devices but they still function at 100% unlike my Fuchai 213 that died after 5 months.
i think its the luck of the draw Bobby, i had an Alien give up the ghost after 3 months( and im pretty easy on my mods) and a 213 Fuchai ive used as an every day carry since they first came out( a year or more ago?) that works as new......

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
My first Alien is still Golden.

@SpaceVaper why did you mess with the firmware to begin with? I did not notice you saying there was any issues with it.

upload_2018-1-7_22-31-49.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread