Need help with my vaporizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Oglesby

Feb 3, 2015
So far I have purchased two vaporizers. The first one was a kangertech 1900 mega. It worked great at first but when I bought new coils it started to work like crap. I bought the 1.8 omh coil which were the enclosed one. It feels like it is clogged when I take a drag. What could be wrong? I also purchased a sigelei 30 watt from. Friend and that worked out good but now getting a burnt taste once in a while with a brand new coil. The coils were purchased at two different places. I have taken the coils out of both of them and blew in them and put them back in. Is that a problem? I have a kangertech mega atomizer on the sigelei. I'm getting sick of kanger and there coils. Thamks for the help

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi Chris Oglesby and welcome aboard!

Here a few pointers to avoid burnt taste.

• Prime your coils
    When you fill your tank (or clearomizer) with liquid after putting in a new coil, take a few primer puffs (puff on the tank/clearomizer without hitting the fire button). Then let it sit for about 5 minutes. This will get the wicks and coil nice and wet and ready for vaping. If you don't prime, your wicks aren't yet wet, and you will get that burnt taste.

• Don't draw like a cigarette
    Taking short, hard draws one right after the other quickly depletes the wicks of juice and can lead to a dry hit and burnt taste. Use gentle, long draws (4-5 seconds). This will give you plenty of vapor while keeping the coil and wicks wet. Also give the unit a few seconds between draws to let the wicks bring more liquid to the coil.

• Watch the power
    High power, either watts or volts, vaporizes more liquid than lower power does. The best way to find the "sweet spot" of any atomizer/juice combination is to start with low power and take a few draws. Then bump up the power a little and take a few more draws. Repeat that until the flavor starts to go bad or you start to get a dry hit. Then lower the power a notch.

• Clean or Change your coils
    Coils get gunked up with unvaporized juice. It's just a fact of vaping. You will notice a decrease in vapor production first. Then an off-taste. and finally a burnt taste. When you first get the lower vapor production, it's probably time to either clean your coil head or replace it. There are many ways to clean a coil head. Some folks use dish soap and hot water, others use PGA (Pure Grain Aclcohol) and some use denture cleanser tablets followed by a water rinse.
Hope this helps and Happy Vaping!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread