RDA Need Help with my Velocity V2 Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
I did it, I bought a Clone, not only a clone but a fasttech clone and I know you get what you pay for but I was low on funds. I need help, I just got it and I want it to sit on my Dripbox so I am trying to get out the grub screw at the bottom to make it a squonker and no luck. The tool they gave me doesn't fit and I don't have anything that fits, is there something I don't know...any ideas, tips anything...I watched a few videos and they didn't seem to have the problem I am having.... Love to all...Kim

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
48d8ce8d69c7d09c529530bc687aeaff.jpg

Sent from my Z959 using Tapatalk

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
Everyone thanks so much for responding, I have tried a flat screwdriver, a phillips a hammer...lol....it comes with an allen wrench that fits the side screws on the build deck but it is just a tiny bit too big for the pin on the bottom. I mean almost fits but no, it will not go in. I can go to a hardware store tomorrow and hopefully they have the right size but I want to use it now.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I can go to a hardware store tomorrow and hopefully they have the right size but I want to use it now.
Some pins are pressed in (not screwed in) so the right tool may not help.
I did it, I bought a Clone, not only a clone but a fasttech clone and I know you get what you pay for but I was low on funds. I need help, I just got it and I want it to sit on my Dripbox so I am trying to get out the grub screw at the bottom to make it a squonker and no luck. The tool they gave me doesn't fit and I don't have anything that fits, is there something I don't know...any ideas, tips anything...I watched a few videos and they didn't seem to have the problem I am having.... Love to all...Kim
If I have not before, welcome and glad you joined. If there is a hole in the pin, you can verify by inserting a thin wire (thin paperclip or other) through the "hole and see if it goes through into the chamber. If not, you can take it to a car garage and have one of the mechanics drill a 1/16 inch hole for you.

Reactions: Wisdom

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
Here's a little discussion about hat: Bottom feeder : FastTech Forums
Thanks so much that answered my questions, I will need a smaller allen key, hope I didn't strip it trying everything else under the sun...lol...I tried to be careful but thanks that was a great help. Off the hardware store in the morning. I did set it up and put it on another Mod and it vaped great I think I will love it on the Dripbox. I hate the dripper on that thing, I have hardly used it since I got it because of that....Love to all..Kim

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
Would not sweat buying FT clones. Tolerances are only really important when it comes to thread and screw combo's. The originals may have a better overall quality/workmanship. Overall, clones if they are correctly done, may be hard to detect in a blind comparison test.
Thanks, I do feel better about that now

Reactions: BrotherBob

Wisdom

Feb 2, 2014
Sacramento CA
Some pins are pressed in (not screwed in) so the right tool may not help.

If I have not before, welcome and glad you joined. If there is a hole in the pin, you can verify by inserting a thin wire (thin paperclip or other) through the "hole and see if it goes through into the chamber. If not, you can take it to a car garage and have one of the mechanics drill a 1/16 inch hole for you.
Great idea, thanks, if I can't get it out I will do that.

Reactions: BrotherBob
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread