Need help with noisy cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucas Rong

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2015
Hi everybody,
I am sure I am not the only one with problems with the noisy cricket. I think it's just the nature of the seesaw contact design. It is a 30 bucks device i am not gonna cry over it but the arching problem is driving me nuts. Anybody have any fixes on this? Anyone know how to remove the black crust on the batteries? Or have a solution to fix this problem once and for all? thanks

pappasmurfsharem

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Hi everybody,
I am sure I am not the only one with problems with the noisy cricket. I think it's just the nature of the seesaw contact design. It is a 30 bucks device i am not gonna cry over it but the arching problem is driving me nuts. Anybody have any fixes on this? Anyone know how to remove the black crust on the batteries? Or have a solution to fix this problem once and for all? thanks
Unfortunately it's the nature of non solid contacts.

Just take an eraser to the contacts, should get rid of the crud

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
This was exactly the problem i thought one might get from a mod like this.. ...clean the areas and apply noalox

It will happen on almost all mechanicals. When the switch contact pulls away for the battery a tiny arc happens. It's not a problem. Just clean regularly.

Reactions: SLIPPY_EEL

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
It will happen on almost all mechanicals. When the switch contact pulls away for the battery a tiny arc happens. It's not a problem. Just clean regularly.

Yes it happens as the contacts pull away on button release and also happens as you are about to make contact on the button press.

There is no doubt in my mind that arcing happens on all mechs where there is a contact area to complete the circuit but it is far better to have the contact for example as is on a raptor t6, cherry bomber, dimitri.....on these types of mods i dont ever have to clean batteries, the contact areas never really need a clean apart from when parts tarnish i may clean.
I was a long time mech reo grande user till maybe 2yrs ago, having the same problem as mechs like the noisy cricket where constant cleaning of the battery and surrounding areas was needed. I can't speak for the reo grande as is now 2yrs later, they have most probably overcome this, i also have to say that i was one of the guys pushing it to the max, more power more visual arcing more cleaning so the fault wasnt really with reo it was my fault for exceeding the mods limit but most of you cricket users are using a hell of a lot a power and need to continually clean, if cleaning is your thing then yeah carry on. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread