Need help with possible recipe ideas with my TFA flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

China_Joe

Aug 7, 2015
Hi, I'm just getting into DIY and was looking for recipe ideas with my current set of flavorings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1. Acetyl Pyrazine
2. Brown Sugar flavor
3. Caramel (original)
4. Cheesecake (Graham Crust)
5. Cotton Candy (Circus)
6. Double Chocolate (Clear)
7. Dulce de Leche
8. DX Bavarian Cream
9. DX Cinnamon Danish
10. DX Coconut Candy
11. RY4 Double
12. Vanilla Swirl

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
full

Hi @China_Joe and welcome to the forum!

For all things DIY head on over to the DIY ELiquid Forum .

You will not be able to post there until you get in your first 5 posts and the servers update at :25 past the hour. Make sure to read all the "stickies". Also check out the blogs by ECF members Hoosier, dannyv45 & Bill .

dannyv45 posted this thread a while ago. Recommended Reading For People New to DYI.

For a juice mixing calculator consider using eJuiceMeUp

Here are some threads you may like to read through for different flavoring companies. Many of the posts include recipes and comments about a specific flavor.

1. Flavor Arts (FA) - Pure Vapes has 3ml FlavourArt flavorings
2. The Flavor Apprentice (TFA) - The Flavor Apprentice Flavoring Thread
3. Inawera (IW) - Inawera - a few reviews
4. Hangsen - The Hangsen Thread
5. VapingZone (VZ) - New Super Concentrated Flavors & New Super Concentrated Flavors - Part 2

The DIY Vendor list can be found here: DIY Vendor Supply List

DIY Recipe Sites

* ECF E-Liquid Recipes <= Place to post your recipes here on ECF
* EcigExpress Archive Cookbook
* E-Liquid Recipes UK
* kritikalmass - E-Liquid Recipes
* One Stop DIY Shop - Recipes

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Broodmance

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2015
Houston
Hi, I'm just getting into DIY and was looking for recipe ideas with my current set of flavorings. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

1. Acetyl Pyrazine
2. Brown Sugar flavor
3. Caramel (original)
5. Cotton Candy (Circus)
7. Dulce de Leche
8. DX Bavarian Cream
9. DX Cinnamon Danish
10. DX Coconut Candy
11. RY4 Double
12. Vanilla Swirl

Some basic Recipes based off of what you have.

RY4 Double 8%
Caramel 4%
Vanilla Swirl 2%
Bavarian Cream 2.5%

ry4 Double 8%
Acetyl Pyrazine 1% (I'm assuming this is the 5% version from TFA)

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Maybe a caramel cheesecake with the Bavarian cream and vanilla swirl thrown in. Whatever you make, keep your flavor mix at 20% or lower to 16% if you sub ohm. Too bad you don't have some Ripe Strawberry, Dragonfruit, and sweet cream, you could make something similar to Dragon's Blood or Sucker Punch

Reactions: DingerCPA

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows

1. Acetyl Pyrazine
2. Brown Sugar flavor
3. Caramel (original)
5. Cotton Candy (Circus)
7. Dulce de Leche
8. DX Bavarian Cream
9. DX Cinnamon Danish
10. DX Coconut Candy
11. RY4 Double
12. Vanilla Swirl

Welcome China_Joe :)

Sounds like you're on your way to "bakery-style" vapes. The Acetyl Pyrazine - USE SPARINGLY (1%, or merely a few drops per mL) as this can offer up a "corn chip" essence to your mix. I'm not familiar with the Circus Cotton Candy, but I use the regular Cotton Candy to add sweetness, sometimes in lieu of actual sweetener.

I don't mix a lot of tobacco recipes yet (I've been more fruits/vanillas/chocolates/desserts), so without hunting for a specific recipe (rsunderl has offered a bunch of GREAT sites for suggestions) I'd play with something using the Cheesecake, Caramel, a few drops of Brown Sugar (not a sweetener in this case, but an actual flavor - kinda like a caramel or a molasses, but much lighter), a touch of Vanilla Swirl, and either the Dulce de Leche or the Bavarian Cream to enrich the body of the mix.

Get your posts in, and come over to the TFA thread in the DIY section!

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri...or the state of Misery.
Welcome China_Joe :)

Sounds like you're on your way to "bakery-style" vapes. The Acetyl Pyrazine - USE SPARINGLY (1%, or merely a few drops per mL) as this can offer up a "corn chip" essence to your mix. I'm not familiar with the Circus Cotton Candy, but I use the regular Cotton Candy to add sweetness, sometimes in lieu of actual sweetener.

I don't mix a lot of tobacco recipes yet (I've been more fruits/vanillas/chocolates/desserts), so without hunting for a specific recipe (rsunderl has offered a bunch of GREAT sites for suggestions) I'd play with something using the Cheesecake, Caramel, a few drops of Brown Sugar (not a sweetener in this case, but an actual flavor - kinda like a caramel or a molasses, but much lighter), a touch of Vanilla Swirl, and either the Dulce de Leche or the Bavarian Cream to enrich the body of the mix.

Get your posts in, and come over to the TFA thread in the DIY section!

Question for a newbie...what is the Acetyl Pyrazine? I lean towards fruits/sweet bakery stuffs...would I ever need that one?

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I make a Castle Long clone that calls for AP (Acetyl Pyrazine). It's used in very small amounts, but it just adds "something" to the mix. When I first started DIY, I didn't have the AP, but I had Banana Nut Bread. I actually subbed that - it was o.k., but the AP really works much better in this instance.

P.S. Welcome Kodak!

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
@China_Joe - I like "sweeter, creamier" vapes. I'd be inclined to add maybe 3% Vanilla Swirl and possibly even some Sweetener (I use Stevia, but there are other options out there.) Maybe back off the Cotton Candy a couple percent and replace with the combo of Vanilla Swirl and sweetener (no more than 1-2% on the sweetener)

Kodak

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2015
Missouri...or the state of Misery.
I make a Castle Long clone that calls for AP (Acetyl Pyrazine). It's used in very small amounts, but it just adds "something" to the mix. When I first started DIY, I didn't have the AP, but I had Banana Nut Bread. I actually subbed that - it was o.k., but the AP really works much better in this instance.

P.S. Welcome Kodak!

Hmm....okay, maybe I'll order it and give it a shot. I've heard that Castle Long is good stuff!

Reactions: DingerCPA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread