Need immediate assistance....this is not a drill!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
THIS! Could also very well be your problem. The coil anchoring screws may be coming loose which can happen after the heat is applied. With the KF (or for that matter, any atty) it is always best to re-check the tightness after dry firing the coils a few times.
And I found it dosen't take much looseness. Have to be good and snug.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
P.S a loose post screw may also be why one coil is heating faster than the other coil in your dripper.

I also found with duals if I trimmed one tail close to the post and the other not close enough that the other coil one would heat faster than the other. On my Castle one coil would go BRIGHT as soon as I hit the fire button but the other would remain dark for a count of five until it kinda almost got to red heat. Trimmed the tails of the sluggish one and then all better. I'm sure if I wasn't so sleepy I could come up with the explanation stemming from resistance and such...let's just call it magic...*nods*

And thank you Newportlocal, I am now confident in my VTC5's I bought from illumination supplies...*whew*

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
This is very true Megan. That is why it is always best to match the length of each coil leg when pulling them through the posts or in the case of the KF, wrapping them around the anchoring screws.. If adjustments are needed, they can be done by lifting, pushing down or in as well as side to side to get the positioning just right.

Last edited:
so its definatly my Nememsis :( not even a month and a half old i got my sigelei today. popped the battery in, screwed my KFL on and bam all is good in the world. warm vap zero problems. still have alot of questions about the sigelei gotta find somewhere to ask them. also got my VAPE MAIL!!! wOOO SO that brightened my day even more. CB,CLS,BC and wakonda are bacj in action,

DaBucs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Orlando, Fl
so its definatly my Nememsis :( not even a month and a half old i got my sigelei today. popped the battery in, screwed my KFL on and bam all is good in the world. warm vap zero problems. still have alot of questions about the sigelei gotta find somewhere to ask them. also got my VAPE MAIL!!! wOOO SO that brightened my day even more. CB,CLS,BC and wakonda are bacj in action,

Guess i hit it right, though that sux...I would review those links and see if they can help you get it functioning right :)

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
So heres the problem i copied from my other post and what i did then ill explain current problem.

Had a huge problem on my KF and my dripper. the problem was when i would change coils it would work great then after a while i would still get the vapor but dramatically less flavor and a cooler vap smoke. ( 1.1 to 1.5 ohms) so i figured it was my coil gunked up, even though times it would happen after 1-2 tanks, then it started happening half way through one take. it wasnt dry hits. it was just a cooler vap, so much that you could notice. tried different wicks and nothing. only batteries i use are the Sony VTC5's and i was using 2 off and on charging in between all day. so next i thought it was was that.so checked my batteries connectors, cleaned then still same in result. so i talked to my friend today( 1000 times more experienced vapor) because he was using his magma and i noticed his dual coil heated straight up and mine had to heat up and kinda just "sizzled"

He told me my resistence was too high on my coil. i was shocked since it was 1.3

Long story short i reset my igo-w dripper to a .55 ohm dual still using my vtc5's and now it works like a champ. now just have to sub ohm my KFL and magma's any recomendations? i love my tank but i miss my magma more. the igo-w is working great but i miss my "juice well" lol

So to fix it i dropped my igo-w to .5 ohm and my KFL to .99 ohms

igo - was working great last night and KFL not so much but figure i need to let the wick soak in more ( getting dry hits, not burnt cotten but a slight flavor just kinda tastless smoke)

so now i juice up my cotten on the igo-w press the botten to make sure it fires and it does one one two things. does the whole sizzle thing or it starts to smoke a little like its working then startss popping. like BIG Popping hot juice mini IED's. then im like ok give that a rest and give my .9 ohm KFL a try and getting a cool vape. like im getting normal smoke but its really cool. i know it shouldnt be this cool at .9 i had a warmer vap at 1.3.

then to add to it when i fire it (7-10 secs) i can feel my switch getting hot. not burning my hand hot but enough to notice before i release.

i need help badly. someone please skype me and show me what to do. lol

i cant go without vaping another day. im to early in my quitting analogs.

skype,here, anything just tell me what to do this is getting frustrating.

Take that puppy down to .8ohms.

Take pictures of your build, as high resolution as you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread