Need input regarding setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

kantor1003

Jun 23, 2011
Norway
Hello, I've been considering for a decent while now whether to acquire a provari. I need some guidance however.

I currently use an ego-t system and I know that using such attys on a provari, as far as I'm concerned, is an impossibility. Therefore I need to get something different. I've tried cartomizers in the past, but never atomizers other than the ego-t ones. I was thinking perhaps some sort of tank system is the way to go, but I have no experience with those. The reason I want such a system is mainly twofold: 1. I don't have to drip, or fill up every two-three hours and 2. Aesthetics. Yes, I want it to be pleasing on the eyes when paying such a considerable amount of money. It is only proper I find, when having such a big battery, to have something more on top than a small, ugly looking carto.

The e-liquid I want to mainly use is atomic cinnacide, however, I've found that they kill my attys at a fast rate. Usually, with other liquids, I can go for about a month with the same atty without any real issues, while with the atomic cinnacide the attys clog up after about a week, or even less, worth of use. So, I have a couple of questions for you:

1. Do you have any recommendations regarding a suiting tank system to go with the provari? Preferably something that A) matches the unit with regard to aesthetics where B) supplies for it can be bought from europe (preferably england) at a decent price C)good duration considering that I will mainly vape atomic cinnacide (how long do you think a carto, assuming it is a cart tank, will last me?) D) doesn't sacrifice flavor (i.e preferably something as good, if not better than the ego-t system).
2. With a tank system, would it be an impossibility to change from a none-AC flavor to something else if I clean the tank properly? I'd prefer not having to purchase two tank systems as most are pretty expensive to begin with.
3. Out of the provari's, judging from the pictures and various videos, I really like the chrome one, but I've read that it's a fingerprint magnet and that it tends to scratch easily, at least compared to the regular one. I'm wondering whether these cons are enough for me to pick the regular one, even though I don't particularly fancy the look, over the chrome, or black one. I know it's something I'll have to decide for myself, but I'd like some input :)
4. When I order the provari with a multicharger, is there any way to specify that it must be a european charger?
5. Is it worth it to get the extension cap?

That's all for now. Thank you:)

Last edited:

Scottinboca

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
Planet Vapton
Sounds like your on the right track. I'd go with a stainless steel carto tank. It looks way better then an ego-T IMO. If you want the tank to have a custom finish ChopperStyles is the way to go so your tanks won't be fingerprint magnets. Chopperguy can even put a custom finish on the ProVari if you wanted. Your juice may diminish the life of a carto, but the juice I use isn't easy on cartos either. I don't mind it, b/c cartos are disposable.

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
I was about to comment on the extension cap and how I dont find it necessary because the 18490 lasts for hours and you want extra batteries anyway. As I was thinking
About my post I realized I forgot to bring a spare battery today! Dang I hope im ok today, if anything it usually starts blinking on the drive home. Anyway I dont find the extention to be a must, plus I like my mods as small as possible. For the tank, another benefit is it prolongs the life of the carto a bit since its contantly fed juice
Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal
Ac will crack polycarbonate tank tubes so I suggest a stainless steel or pyrex tank from big daddy vapor. You should he able to use the same tank with a new flavor without much problem, but ive never used that juice so I dont know how much it lingers. I saw some polypropeline tanks sonewhere recently too but I forgot where. Its on the wall of the facebook deals and steals group, cant link it from phone right now.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

bp400

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2011
SoCal

kantor1003

Jun 23, 2011
Norway
or get an odysseus when they come back in stock. I want both so bad!!!
Yes, I also really want one and I like the idea of not having to constantly buy new atomizers/cartomizers, especially when I use AC liquid. Seems like the answer to most of my e-cig related problems. Really a shame that it's sold out (is it just me, or is everything catching ones interest in the e-cig world sold out? It's getting tiring). Perhaps I'll just wait it out. Does anyone know when it comes back in stock at E-cigz(dot)co(dot)uk? Seems like new ones comes in March, but is that in the states only?
Buying more wire is no problem, but what about wicks? Also, can one put a drip tip on it if one want to?
Edit: Lol, seems like you can only buy wicks from one or two places that don't have lots in stock (if at all). BS. Seems hopeless. Even if you manage, after stalking the ggforum 24/7, to luck yourself into a unit, you're screwed due to not being able to buy something similar to a wick in a more regular store in large quantities.

bp400: Ah, I see. Thanks!

Last edited:

kantor1003

Jun 23, 2011
Norway
Couldn't help myself yesterday and ordered the chrome provari with an extension cap and a couple of cartomizers. The prize is steep, but it's an amount almost similar to what I paid when getting only 250ml of juice and three atomizers from TW.
Anyways, time to research tanks some more.
Not what I was talking about before but when I asked the dude who posted it, he showed me this:
RED/BLACK 3ML DELRIN TANK ''aka'': The Fuel Tank
Haha, this looks interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread