Need quick advice: DCC vs. Single coils on eGo batts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugarfoot

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
One Step Beyond
Ordered 15 SmokTech 1.7 ohm cartos described as 'Resurrectors' from Virgin Vapor. Received 15 smok Tech 1.7 ohm DUAL COIL cartos instead. (I usually order from CCV but was in a hurry). Problem: I haven't used DCCs because I hear that they decrease the life on my eGo batts and have been perfectly happy with the single coils.. I needed these in a hurry because I will be traveling over the next 8 days and wanted some backups.

How will these affect my batts? I will be carrying 2 900 mAh's and two 650 mAh's and will be out and about, I would like them not to fail on me and would like to know what life expectancy I can get out of my batts and how long a charge might last. I vape heavily, 2-4 mls a day, my wife much less, maybe a ml a day.

Thanks

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
If you regularly use the 1.7 cartos, then the 1.5 shouldn't affect battery life much. I've used DCCs on eGo batts without any failure. You should be fine. You may be impressed, as the DCCs produce a fuller, more flavorful vapor IMO.

...and to show how tastes and experiences are so subjective, I disagree...the DCC's will probably cut vape time by 30+% and for me personally, I find them lacking, at eGo voltages(they really shine around 5v)...I find the vape to be cooler and less satisfying than the Resurrectors...one thing you can do with the DCC's to alleviate that, is to, hit the button for a second or so BEFORE you start your vape...this allows the coils to start "cooking" first and gives you a warmer vape to start with...oh yeah, they will probably use juice faster as well...finally, flavor should be on par or better than the single coils, especially if you are vaping sweeter/fruit flavors...and that is my take!!!!!!
madjack:2cool:

Sugarfoot

ECF Veteran
Nov 5, 2011
One Step Beyond
Thanks, madjack. I'm glad you are on tonight since as I read your posts we are often of the same mind, at least as it concerns eGo batts voltages, Resurrectors, and CCV. I will wait to hear from Virgin Vapors and probably send these back as I only use eGo batts or 3.7v on my Old Goat bottom-feeder. I should have just ordered earlier from CCV, I think the poor guy is still backloaded with orders and as I say, I got in a hurry. I have some Boge 2.0's I can use, on the road, though, I was hoping not to have to refill so often. Could be worse......

wyetterp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2012
Murrells Inlet, SC
Dang, I can't the site I read it on, but...Last night I saw somewhere that was selling the ST single coils & in the description they stated that the carto's where single coil, but in a barrel marked duel coil & something about to save the customer costs.

Maybe shoot the vendor a email & find out. They may actually be single even though it has duel on it.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Thanks, madjack. I'm glad you are on tonight since as I read your posts we are often of the same mind, at least as it concerns eGo batts voltages, Resurrectors, and CCV. I will wait to hear from Virgin Vapors and probably send these back as I only use eGo batts or 3.7v on my Old Goat bottom-feeder. I should have just ordered earlier from CCV, I think the poor guy is still backloaded with orders and as I say, I got in a hurry. I have some Boge 2.0's I can use, on the road, though, I was hoping not to have to refill so often. Could be worse......

...glad to be back around...have been gone for a week because of this issue...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ealth-conditions/262584-thoughts-prayers.html
I should be around for a week or two until I go in for my surgery.......

Dang, I can't the site I read it on, but...Last night I saw somewhere that was selling the ST single coils & in the description they stated that the carto's where single coil, but in a barrel marked duel coil & something about to save the customer costs.

Maybe shoot the vendor a email & find out. They may actually be single even though it has duel on it.

...yaknow, something is tickling the back of my brain pan saying, I may well have read that somewhere as well...contacting the vendor would certainly be in order...either way.........
madjack:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread