Speak to Me of Dual Coil Cartos on the eGo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenn1181

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
NW GA
I just got a 650 mAh eGo battery with the USB plug-in. I also bought some of the 510 dual coil cartomizers, 1.5ohm. Now, I know LR atties and cartos can be used on the eGo, but absolutely slay the battery. I get that. But, does it affect the battery as badly when you vape it while plugged into the USB adapter? The reason I'm asking is because I am really digging the flavor, heat and vapor production from these cartos, but I don't want to kill the battery I just bought within the first week.

So, I really have two questions:

1. Do low-res atties and cartos kill the eGo battery slower when plugged into the USB adapter?
2. About how long is the life expectancy of an eGo battery when using LR atties and cartos exclusively?

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I run dchv 1.5 ohm cartos on my eGo and eGo clone batteries all the time. I notice a quicker power drain on the 650mah batts, but I only detect a slightly accelerated battery drain on batts of higher mah (900 mah 1100mah, and up). I would guess that using the 650mah as a pass-through would prevent any noticeable quicker drain because it's also being charged while being used as a pass-through. Big HOWEVER, I am not a electrical engineer so I'm only going by my experiences and my limited understanding. ;)

I can't answer if using LR attys/cartos on the eGo batts cause the batteries to have a shorter life span because all my eGos and clones have been rocking the LR experience since July of this year. :)

Don't worry about the battery lasting, crikey if you even get a few months out of it it's still great value compared to analogues. I have had an ego for a few months running mostly lr cartos and the battery is still really strong. Although to be fair it is an 1100mah.

If you are worried about batteries cough up for something like an epower, more expensive initially but the batteries are stronger and only a few dollars each.

Mrcarcrazy

Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Odessa, TX
Don't worry about the battery lasting, crikey if you even get a few months out of it it's still great value compared to analogues. I have had an ego for a few months running mostly lr cartos and the battery is still really strong. Although to be fair it is an 1100mah.

If you are worried about batteries cough up for something like an epower, more expensive initially but the batteries are stronger and only a few dollars each.

I believe the epower won't attach to a EGO Dual coil carto....at least that's what Madvapes told me (which kept me from purchasing...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread