Status
Not open for further replies.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Long-time ECF member, haven't posted in months or years.

Currently currenting a Vaporesso Tarot Nano. The VECO tank it came with is only 2ml and way too small - also has spitting problems.

I used an old Kanger Toptank on it with an extended chamber for 5ml of juice, but it's old and starting to wear out - I can just tell.

I'm looking for recommendations for a reliable and well-regarded kit around $50 that will let me vape around 35-50w, has high battery capacity (can either be in-cell or replaceable 18650s), and tank system that can hold 4 or 5ml.

My first thought goes to Smok with their Baby Beasts, but I'm so behind in the hardware game that it appears as if they've upgraded it 3 or 4 times already.

Thanks in advance.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There is an Aspire Zelos that comes in right a 50W, but the Nauti 2 tank it comes with is only 2 ml. The Smok mods and Beast tanks are generally, but not exclusively for cloud making, but some of the coils do give excellent flavor and will run just fine at 40W. What type of tank style were you looking for, and does it have to be a kit rather than a mod and separate tank purchase?

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
There is an Aspire Zelos that comes in right a 50W, but the Nauti 2 tank it comes with is only 2 ml. The Smok mods and Beast tanks are generally, but not exclusively for cloud making, but some of the coils do give excellent flavor and will run just fine at 40W. What type of tank style were you looking for, and does it have to be a kit rather than a mod and separate tank purchase?

Cloud making is fine by me. I'm just not going to utilize the higher wattage ranges because I have no interest in vaping that high. I used to be a mech guy and built some crazy wraps back in the day and I'm over all of that.

I noticed the M2 coils for the Baby Beast line are much more minimalistic than the TFV coils, so I'd probably go with those.

Mixing and matching tank/mod is fine, I just figured that a kit would allow me to save more money.

Reactions: Eskie

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Cloud making is fine by me. I'm just not going to utilize the higher wattage ranges because I have no interest in vaping that high. I used to be a mech guy and built some crazy wraps back in the day and I'm over all of that.

I noticed the M2 coils for the Baby Beast line are much more minimalistic than the TFV coils, so I'd probably go with those.

Mixing and matching tank/mod is fine, I just figured that a kit would allow me to save more money.

If you want to save more money you could consider getting a TFV8 tank in 22mm and keeping the Tarot Nano mod. It has a 2300 mah battery and is fully featured.

$21.50 Authentic Smoktech SMOK TFV8 Baby Sub Ohm Clearomizer

Last edited:
Reactions: stols001

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Good recc. Any idea if there are replacement extension glass to maybe give it a little more volume?

Czar makes an expansion glass: czar-mfg

Apparently there's one for the VECO that came with your Nano as well. I'm going to order one for mine.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Or just get the big baby beast. More volume and an rba is included. I use it with a Q2 0.4 ohm coil and vapes fine at 40w. Put it on an AL85 single battery or a 2 18650 battery Alien. There's also no reason you have to get a Smok mod with it. You can use whatever you want that will fit the around 25 mm bbb. The bb in the kit is smaller and certainly won't meet your 4-5 ml spec. I've seen those bubble glass tanks but never knew there was one for the bb, and I don't know what the volume increase is. And whether you like the appearance.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Czar makes an expansion glass: czar-mfg

Apparently there's one for the VECO that came with your Nano as well. I'm going to order one for mine.

I'm trying to move away from the VECO. At only 25-30W, the 2ml doesn't last, and I can only fill it halfway (1ml) without getting awful spitback. They tried to rectify this in their new tanks by putting a mesh grill inside the driptip. Good insight though.

Or just get the big baby beast. More volume and an rba is included. I use it with a Q2 0.4 ohm coil and vapes fine at 40w. Put it on an AL85 single battery or a 2 18650 battery Alien. There's also no reason you have to get a Smok mod with it. You can use whatever you want that will fit the around 25 mm bbb. The bb in the kit is smaller and certainly won't meet your 4-5 ml spec. I've seen those bubble glass tanks but never knew there was one for the bb, and I don't know what the volume increase is. And whether you like the appearance.

My RBA/building days are long gone - used to tote around a whole toolkit with all the stuff I needed to build a deck on the spot. I know it's just an additional feature of the BBB, but just saying. The reasoning for wanting a new mod too is to just have a new device with more battery. The Vaporesso Tarot Nano is pretty reliable, but 1 non-replaceable 18650 is sometimes worrying. For the tank, basically anything 3.5 or larger will suffice. I spoiled myself with the extended 5ml capacity on the Kanger Toptank Mini and understand I probably won't find a high volume capacity / low wattage tank like that again.

I shopped that Baby Beast expansion glass and it costs nearly as much as a new tank. The BB is a stellar performer, but boy is that little booger thirsty.

Yeah, although a good recc, I'm not going to buy that. Attempting to be frugal and efficient in buying either a new tank or a new kit altogether. Don't need a mod with over 100w potential. Large reliable (newer) tank, 2 18650s with passthru charge. etc.

ColdHeartClan

Jul 28, 2017
Madison, Wi
Another option would be the Pico 25, it's an 85w single 18650. They have kit options with a tank that comes with it, haven't heard anything about the stock coils for that tank but they do fit the baby beast coils. Which imo are the best on the market for smaller tanks trying to stay under 50w but still get some pretty good cloud.

humpstyles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Another option would be the Pico 25, it's an 85w single 18650. They have kit options with a tank that comes with it, haven't heard anything about the stock coils for that tank but they do fit the baby beast coils. Which imo are the best on the market for smaller tanks trying to stay under 50w but still get some pretty good cloud.

I'll look into it. TBH Eleaf has always been good to me back in the day. The clouds I've gotten with 30-40W has always been plenty good for me; I'm not concerned with blowing larger clouds, but finding an efficient, reliable, and appeasing setup (just like everyone, lol).

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Before the Pico 25 was released, the AL85 was the only option for that form factor that accepts a 25 mm tank. Now that the Pico 25 is out I would compare and decide. I have an AL85, but probably would not have bought it when it was released if the Pico 25 was available. I have 3 (? have to check) regular Picos in my vape stash for if and when our vape world ends.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well, if you don't *mind* sub-ohming at low wattage, the Cleto tank does well for that (Aspire) and the coils last a long time, like a month, and I vaped mine around 30-40 watts and was just fine. Though I found out I actually prefer MTL. But, it has an extension glass and that tank is a beast. It wouldn't leak if you took it up to Everest in your boot. Heh. That said, it's more expensive running a sub ohm tank.

If you don't hate the nautilus 2 with every fiber of your being as it's small, I'd recommend an Aspire Zelos kit, I just got mine and really like it (but the naut 2 is my favorite tank so far... so....)

If you want to sub-ohm I'd kinda recommend a 2 battery mod though some people get by fine on an internal battery and whatnot. But, if you are sub-ohming even at low wattages, you are going to want a pretty darn decent mod to run it.

Best of luck finding what's right for you! Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It's not spoken of much, but I bought my son a wismec reaux tank, (not the mini but the full size) it holds 6ml of e juice and it's a GREAT tank.. He just loves the flavor he's getting from it, and I had the opportunity to vape it while he was here visiting recently, and it really does give awesome flavor and doesn't have any problems with spit back or anything else.. it's really proving to be a top notch tank and he's owned it since Christmas. He doesn't want anything else.

I would perhaps pair that with the new gen3 reuleaux by wismec for a mod.. not tried that one yet though so I can't say much..son uses the tank on his reuleaux rx 200 and loves that mod..

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
I'd go with the Smok spirals plus tank, 4ml & don't need to vape it at that high. The stock coils are pretty good too, believe you don't wanna build!
I use mine on top of the Aspire nx100 with a 26650 battery & get pretty good battery life. I have a few mods but this is my main one now. It's not a cloud chucking tank by any means. I vape mine at 30 watts but flavour is great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread