need replacement for G-Priv 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. F. Warren

Feb 3, 2019
Well my bad luck hit today. I dropped my g-priv 2 and broke it. The atty connector popped out of it and it shorted out.

Now I need to get something new. I'm on my backup mod which is a Vaperesso Armor Pro, and it just isn't cutting it. I vape at @ 95 watts so it burns through the battery way to quickly, since it cuts out a about 50% of the charge, plus it keeps hitting the temperature protection as well running at almost it's max wattage.

What I want is something equivalent to the g-priv 2 it better that can handle the higher wattage without blinking. Plus I want the ability to do TC as I'm planning on messing around with that soon. It needs to be something that's not as fragile as the G-Priv 2 has turned out to be. All recommendations are welcome.

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Well my bad luck hit today. I dropped my G-PRIV 2 and broke it. The atty connector popped out of it and it shorted out.

Now I need to get something new. I'm on my backup mod which is a Vaperesso Armor Pro, and it just isn't cutting it. I vape at @ 95 watts so it burns through the battery way to quickly, since it cuts out a about 50% of the charge, plus it keeps hitting the temperature protection as well running at almost it's max wattage.

What I want is something equivalent to the G-Priv 2 it better that can handle the higher wattage without blinking. Plus I want the ability to do TC as I'm planning on messing around with that soon. It needs to be something that's not as fragile as the G-Priv 2 has turned out to be. All recommendations are welcome.
How to avoid fragility: Don’t buy SMOK. Basically everything is better built than smok stuff.
I’d point you at a geek vape legend, which has the advantage of being rubber armored, waterproof, and drop resistant, but it’s only a two battery mod. At 95w even a two battery mod probably won’t cut it. You need a true monster in the 3 or 4 battery range. Maybe a 2x21700 would work too. Not my wheelhouse though. I don’t vape at high enough wattage to need that kind of hardware.

On second thought IF you actually did use TC on the legend it could work for you. TC can dramatically reduce battery draw. It might be enough for you to get away with a 2x18650

R. F. Warren

Feb 3, 2019
How to avoid fragility: Don’t buy SMOK. Basically everything is better built than smok stuff.
I’d point you at a geek vape legend, which has the advantage of being rubber armored, waterproof, and drop resistant, but it’s only a two battery mod. At 95w even a two battery mod probably won’t cut it. You need a true monster in the 3 or 4 battery range. Maybe a 2x21700 would work too. Not my wheelhouse though. I don’t vape at high enough wattage to need that kind of hardware.

I've learned that the hard way. Even before I dropped it, the connector was getting loose. It would twist in the case about 20 degrees it so when attaching or removing the tank.

I'd love to get a 3 cell DNA 250c based mod , but that's not in the budget right now.

Hello R.F.Warren, don't know if Smoant Naboo would be of any interest to you. It does Wattage and TCR/Temperature mode.

The Smoant Naboo does look nice, I'm a sucker for the big screen mods.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I've learned that the hard way. Even before I dropped it, the connector was getting loose. It would twist in the case about 20 degrees it so when attaching or removing the tank.

I'd love to get a 3 cell DNA 250c based mod , but that's not in the budget right now.

The Smoant Naboo does look nice, I'm a sucker for the big screen mods.
Looking at FT for a moment simply because one can sort by battery type, a geekvape blade might be a contender. It’s 2x21700. More battery than 2x18650. I know basically nothing about it though.
Couldn’t manage to do 3x18650 there though, but I did find an article that lists a bunch of them. Supposed to be a “best of” list, but it looks a lot more like a “what we sell” list. None the less there are a bunch of TC capable 3x18650s there. No prices. 2019 Best Vape Box Mod Triple 18650

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Seems Aegis Legend has some firmware issues with TCR.
Aegis Legend – TC Wattage Restiction

Hopefully it can be resolved, but no mention of a timescale.
Hmmm.. the article is apparently 8 months old. Luckily I’ve got a legend right here. I did update the firmware once. Ive got v1.1...Looks like you’re right! Apparently this was fixed with the v1.2 update. Looks like I gotta update my firmware again. That was a gigantic PITA the last time. Argh.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
bombastinator, the last post in that link to Geekvape support was two months ago and mentioned firmware V1.2 for the Aegis Legend. Checked further to find V1.2 is the latest available, dated 7th July 2018.

And that last post mentioned that wattage restriction had been removed and battery life seemed better, but TCR mode still needs a lot of improvement. But wattage mode is fine.

Hopefully they'll sort it.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
More batteries in a mod, makes for more weight and more cumbersome. So it's a trade off.

But you can also carry more batteries in cases.

But if you want high power mods, Wismec also do the Reuleaux RX300. A 4×18650 battery mod that's certainly not lightweight or pocket friendly.

And also the RX2 21700, that uses 21700 batteries. That raises other issues, like batteries and charger.

And I have no experience of using Wismec products, so I can't give you much info on them unfortunately.

• Useful

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Wismec seems to be loved and hated, in the sense of when it is great, it's great. When it's bad, it's really bad but it sort of limits itself to DESIGN in a way like one mod consistently is loathed, while another is okay.

My personal experience was with a small 1.7 ml WIsmec tank. It took the Joytech CLR coils. It was poorly designed, kind of sucked, vaped okay. It also died on me fast, although to be fair MOST tanks that take that coil tend to die on me.

You really need the experience of someone who has those particular mods, it'd think. You could post it as a topic, I know there are folks on here that have them (and opinions) I'm just not sure what, exactly.

Anna

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Oy. Good luck. My upgrade was stupid easy.

Smoant has had some issues with their awesome large screens. To be fair, not the Naboo, but the Cylon. I'm thinking they may have fixed that rather annoying way to brick a mod but I might check out some longer term reviews to be sure.

Anna
With me it’s a specific and fatal PC hardware issue, and I’ve forgotten what the workaround is. I do remember it being annoying enough to require a restart and then frantically hitting interupt keys or something.

Do you have the 1.2 update? Are you having the same issue? If one reads the entire thread of the geekvape post it appears that the issue got solved in the last two posts and they released an update, which I am assuming is 1.2. It’s possible that this is wrong though.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
And last post of Aegis Legend - TC Wattage restriction By Miklos103, approx 2 months ago.

I have upgraded to the latest 1.2 firmware and my TCR ramp up is still extremely slow. Even set at 153w and 600°F it’s not even worth using in TCR. Quite a shame since I just got three packs of SS430 coils. In wattage mode at 120 it works great. Also my battery life since upgrading seems like it has more than doubled. But please fix TCR problem. And no more bricking updates…

So far there seems to be no response to this issue yet, maybe it's proving more problematical to resolve. And latest Firmware release was V1.2 in July 2018.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Don't get me started about I.T professionals.

Have you tried turning it off and on, isn't really that helpful.

But Windows 10 can be a nightmare, especially when the forced updates break things.

Still can't update my partners and my Samsung phones on 10 with Smart Switch, and Samsung make Netbooks/Notebooks as well. Sigh!

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
bombastinator, what OS are you running?

I know Windows 10 doesn't seem to like anything, Windows 7 Pro seems to work with pretty much everything though.
AFAIK 7pro no longer gets security updates. It’s security compromised. I use 8.1. I’ve been avoiding 10 for years. When 8.1 finally dies I’ll either install Linux or go hackintosh.
IMHO Windows 10 is a license to steal in perpetuity.

IIRC there was some other stuff involved too though. Possibly security software issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread