need replacement for G-Priv 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
R.F.Warren, here's some info that may help.
Aegis usb not recognized by windows

If you can't get the mod sorted on Windows 10, do you have friends or family with a dinosaur of a PC that you could use to perform the update?

Or a copy of Windows 7 tucked away at one side? If so, don't forget to download the Microsoft Media Creation tool so that you can create a Windows 10 installer.

Hope it all goes well, good luck.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Connection issues can happen with any operating system – there are no issues with Win 10. If there is an issue, the majority of the time it is user related or hardware related. I have upgraded and down graded the FW on both my Legends many of times without a hiccup using Win 10.

If you experience connection issues, post your troubles on the Geekvape Legend thread – the many ECF users along with Geekvape will be more than willing to assist. I would not revert back to an older OS!

I do not use TC with my Legend. Browsing the conversations of TC and the Legend, many have successfully got it to work with a few tweaks. Again, troubles with TC post your issues on the GV Legend thread.

Geekvape Aegis Legend

• Agree

Coolsiggy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2018
Perth, Western Australia
I went to get my computer and it wasn't to be found so I had to buy a new laptop. I saw mentioned above that there are issues using Windows 10 for updating the firmware. Any suggestions on how to do it with a Win10 computer?

If issues exist updating the mod then I would either leave it be or ask the shop to do it...at least that way you can get a replacement if they brick it.

• Optimistic

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2015
Kent - United Kingdom
Many updaters for chinese radios have the same issues. They try to access the hardware directly (writing to the memory location associated to the communication port) - this was the standard twenty years ago.
Nowadays all updaters communicates by using the dedicated API calls in Windows, and accessing the hardware directly is seen as a security threat.
Since the overwhelming number of various devices using old software techniques, I have a cheap laptop with Windows XP so I can program devices without hassle.
I believe reviewers should put more emphasis on the servicing side of vape devices, not only their look and feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread