Status
Not open for further replies.

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join!,
I have been vaping using a joyetech plastic box Style all in one. I know that the internal battery has a limit on how many charges it can take over its life and I think the limits around 300 but that's not my issue I would be fine if it lasted anywhere close to that. It doesn't.. it lasts me between 2 and 4 months (charging once per day) before the port goes bad and I can't charge it because I have to wiggle the cord around and put it in weird positions in order to get it to charge. I'm terrified of the new attack on vaping and their mischaracterization of what E-Cigarettes are and are not and I honestly believe that they're going to be banning devices eventually anything they can do to get people smoking again. I don't want to find myself buying dozens of these ineffective devices that only last a couple months. I would like to buy a product with an external battery but I'm a bit intimidated I would want to get a kit so that I have everything I need (other than maybe battery) I would really like a recommendation on some very basic/ first time with a "mod?" external battery boxes. I do not really like the cigalike products and hate pods..I apologize I don't know the lingo.. it would also be wonderful to have some recommendations for some internal battery all in ones that people know to usually last until the battery dies rather than have the charging port go bad. For the all-in-one I would really like to keep it $30 or under because I'd like to buy a few of them and for the external battery more advanced box or mod whatever you call it $70 or under would be great but I'm a flexible person on that. Also while I'm at it do you think it's worth purchasing one of the pre-made do-it-yourself e-juice kits or do I just need to get the diluted nicotine solution PG and VG and my favorite flavoring I already have a scale that measures for minut bits of spices I don't know if that would help me. I know this post is all over the place and I apologize for that but I have so much on my mind right now and I'm sure it's very cringy to read because I don't really know my terminology hopefully you can suss out what I'm talkin about enough to give me some advice or recommendations from your personal experience. I have been vaping for 3 years so I'm not entirely new to that I'm just new to the devices and the DIYs and I want something safe and something that I can use and get used to without having a high likelihood of hurting myself. Thank you so much!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Hi everyone and thanks for letting me join!,
    I have been vaping using a joyetech plastic box Style all in one. I know that the internal battery has a limit on how many charges it can take over its life and I think the limits around 300 but that's not my issue I would be fine if it lasted anywhere close to that. It doesn't.. it lasts me between 2 and 4 months (charging once per day) before the port goes bad and I can't charge it because I have to wiggle the cord around and put it in weird positions in order to get it to charge. I'm terrified of the new attack on vaping and their mischaracterization of what E-Cigarettes are and are not and I honestly believe that they're going to be banning devices eventually anything they can do to get people smoking again. I don't want to find myself buying dozens of these ineffective devices that only last a couple months. I would like to buy a product with an external battery but I'm a bit intimidated I would want to get a kit so that I have everything I need (other than maybe battery) I would really like a recommendation on some very basic/ first time with a "mod?" external battery boxes. I do not really like the cigalike products and hate pods..I apologize I don't know the lingo.. it would also be wonderful to have some recommendations for some internal battery all in ones that people know to usually last until the battery dies rather than have the charging port go bad. For the all-in-one I would really like to keep it $30 or under because I'd like to buy a few of them and for the external battery more advanced box or mod whatever you call it $70 or under would be great but I'm a flexible person on that. Also while I'm at it do you think it's worth purchasing one of the pre-made do-it-yourself e-juice kits or do I just need to get the diluted nicotine solution PG and VG and my favorite flavoring I already have a scale that measures for minut bits of spices I don't know if that would help me. I know this post is all over the place and I apologize for that but I have so much on my mind right now and I'm sure it's very cringy to read because I don't really know my terminology hopefully you can suss out what I'm talkin about enough to give me some advice or recommendations from your personal experience. I have been vaping for 3 years so I'm not entirely new to that I'm just new to the devices and the DIYs and I want something safe and something that I can use and get used to without having a high likelihood of hurting myself. Thank you so much!
    Welcome! Addressing the first issue, there is a utube vid on crimping a charger cord. Sometimes just using a different one works also.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    I find that by opening up the metal shroud on the USB plug, the one on the wire that goes I to the port, can greatly decrease or eliminate the needed wiggle.

The aegis solo or legend are the usual recommend mods for durability, and can be found as low as 30$~.

A good charger and batteries will cost about the same, bringing you close to your 70$ limit, but will be much better of an investment than any internal mod, as you've discovered.

Also, check out mooch's blog about batteries.

HigherStateD

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 11, 2019
    Phoenixville, PA, U.S. of A.
    Also, here is Mooch's blog:
    Mooch's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Most importantly, make sure you buy batteries from a recommended vendor, and stick to the major brands: Samsung, LG, Sanyo, Molicel, and Sony Murata.
    Also, the CDR of your battery should be at least 1/3 of your intended wattage, preferably higher.

ETA: Diy starter kits are great. I started with the one from nicotine river. Add one. flavor, and it'll ship free.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Welcome to ECF!

You can try the AsModus Minikin 3 or the AsModus almighty, eightvape has good prices on both.

You can also try the Geekvape Aegis Solo, a lower price point but a nice solid mod.. or the Geekvape Aegis Legend. The Legend is a dual battery mod and the solo takes a single battery..

If you don't care for bells and whistles then Squid Industries double barrel might be for you..

Good luck to you!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I would like to buy a product with an external battery but I'm a bit intimidated I would want to get a kit so that I have everything I need (other than maybe battery) I would really like a recommendation on some very basic/ first time with a "mod?" external battery boxes.
    Welcome and glad you joined.
    I use an Eleaf Istick 30 in rotation and never let them go below 3/4 charge. I'm well into my third year on both of them and they are still strong vaping standard ohms.
    *Low ohm coil is between 1.5-1.8ohms and a standard ohm coil is generally between 2.4-2.8 and high ohm is anything 3.0 ohms or higher
    re: What Ohms should I choose?
    https://www.fasttech.com/product/2305002-authentic-eleaf-istick-30w-2200mah-variable
    If you have to have a sub ohm vape, external battey(s) may be the ticket. Just remember that their is a price [back up battey(s), carrying case, volt meter(s), wraps, charger(s) (backup)] to going external:
    http://www.wakeandvape.com/blog/18650-battery-buying-guide-for-vapor-users/
    How can we extend the life of our batteries? | E-Cigarette Forum
    (12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
    Calculating battery current draw for a regulated mod | E-Cigarette Forum
    Vape Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? | Mt Baker Vapor
    A Guide to Safe Charging - The Complete Guide to E-Cig Safety
    Vaping 101: Battery Safety
    7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

Also while I'm at it do you think it's worth purchasing one of the pre-made do-it-yourself e-juice kits
    This question might be bettered answered In this forum:
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forums/diy-e-liquid.38/
    I don't really know my terminology
    Would not worry about your terminology, you are getting your point across quite nicely.
    without having a high likelihood of hurting myself.
    Suggest you read above for safety even if you decide against going external battery.

Reactions: AvaOrchid

Georgia Boy

ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2019
    Atlanta Georgia
    Welcome Aboard
    I would suggest the following:

External Battery
    • Geek Vape Aegis Solo or Legend
    • OBS Cube X
    • Ehpro Cold Steel 120 (No Tank)
    Internal Battery
    • OBS Cube or Cube Mini
    • Aegis Mini
    • Innokin Adept - The absolute Best MTL Kit out there imho
    All In One
    • Aspire Breeze NXT
    • VooPoo Vinci - Not released yet but a friend has one to review I cant believe how good it is

• Love

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    Well I just got the freemax twister with the fireluke sub-ohm tank, its internal and it's ok, I don't know how long the internal batt will last, its not a problem for me as it's only for use outside, now mods with separate batts are another thing, I have a few, the ones I like are the rev 3,genie and topside dual but all are heavy and above your budget, aigis mods seem to get good reviews on this forum but I have yet to get one,welcome and I hope you find what you are looking for, don't hesitate to ask about anything on the forum because you will be pointed in the right direction for your vaping style

Marper

Moved On
    May 20, 2019
    On DIY juice, there's lots of info on this forum, as I'm based in the UK the nic shots only are available in 10ml bottles mixed with pg or vg sometimes a mixture of both, I vape sub-ohm and dtl (direct to lung)so basically I just get a 60ml bottle and squirt the 10ml nic shot in (I pull the cap off and pour it in)I get concentrate at 15/20 percent in 30ml bottles and just shove half in(15ML)then top up with a premixed 70/30 vg/pg and that's it,no messing about, shake and let it steep for a few weeks giving it a shake every now and then, 60ml juice for less than 2 pound UK, can't go wrong

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    Don't be overwhelmed... there are so many choices. First, what style of vaping do you like? MTL (mouth to lung, less vapor/more flavor) or DTL (direct to lung, more vapor/less flavor) There is also full blown "cloud chasing" but we won't get into that. I like MTL but with a looser draw (not too tight of air flow) Second, always have a backup device, so maybe one smaller internal battery device and one bigger external battery mod (and batteries/charger) External batt mod can also charge with USB cord but same issues you already had. I recommend a single battery mod, 2 batteries (that way you always have an extra one ready) and a charger. There are many great deals and closeout sales (I'm a super bargain hunter!) but don't cheap out on the batteries! When people here suggest a device, get on youtube and watch reviews (some of the reviewers are a bit much, but still give good info) Whatever tank you get, get extra coils (usually come in packs of 5) DO NOT get coils or batteries from e-bay!!! I can suggest specific setups once you tell us what style vaping you like. There is a website called "vapecrawler" that searches for good deals. I wouldn't jump into DIY juice making yet... get your hardware first. Here's a great deal on juices if you are first time customer:
    Welcome Sample Pack - 4 Bottle Bonanza Extravaganza
    You will have choice of VG/PG ratio so consider that before you order (and nicotine strength)

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 19, 2019
    USA
    Don't be overwhelmed... there are so many choices. First, what style of vaping do you like? MTL (mouth to lung, less vapor/more flavor) or DTL (direct to lung, more vapor/less flavor) There is also full blown "cloud chasing" but we won't get into that. I like MTL but with a looser draw (not too tight of air flow) Second, always have a backup device, so maybe one smaller internal battery device and one bigger external battery mod (and batteries/charger) External batt mod can also charge with USB cord but same issues you already had. I recommend a single battery mod, 2 batteries (that way you always have an extra one ready) and a charger. There are many great deals and closeout sales (I'm a super bargain hunter!) but don't cheap out on the batteries! When people here suggest a device, get on youtube and watch reviews (some of the reviewers are a bit much, but still give good info) Whatever tank you get, get extra coils (usually come in packs of 5) DO NOT get coils or batteries from e-bay!!! I can suggest specific setups once you tell us what style vaping you like. There is a website called "vapecrawler" that searches for good deals. I wouldn't jump into DIY juice making yet... get your hardware first. Here's a great deal on juices if you are first time customer:
    Welcome Sample Pack - 4 Bottle Bonanza Extravaganza
    You will have choice of VG/PG ratio so consider that before you order (and nicotine strength)
    I prefer mouth to lung so I think that's mainly because with the devices I have used the scar that's the sort of vaping you're going to do they're not designed for lots of vapor they're pretty much one step past the ciggalike stuff. I have used other people's mods before and I thought the dtl was interesting and could probably get easily used to that as well though I couldn't care less about the size of my clouds LOL :) I am sort of I guess weird in that I like a fair bit of resistance I don't like a lot of airflow.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread