Need some help deciding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pumpehh

Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
Hello everyone, I just discovered these forums with the hope of gaining some knowledge regarding the vaping world. I've been vaping for about 6 months now, and have only been using White Cloud's disposables. I am planning on upgrading. I have an extremely low budget and am torn between two kits now. Either Apollo's Evod kit
http://www.apolloecigs.com/product-p/holidayevodkit.html
or the ARO winder kit.
http://www.madvapes.com/aro-winder-kit.html
I would like a lot of vapor and a solid kit in general. I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding the forums and also vaping in general, im extremely new. Thank you for your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
The ARO winder kit is the better of the 2 due to the winder being variable voltage which will allow you to dial up the voltage for more vapor if needed

Welcome to the ECF
9pribk.gif
295xrtd.gif
9pribk.gif

inkb0n3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
minnesota
hello pumpehh! welcome to ECF :D

i'd have to second dakota jim about the winder kit. i'm also new to vaping, and my first and current battery is the winder in the 1300 mAh model. it last for two and a half days on average for me, casually vaping.

i'd get a variable voltage battery for your first. i'm very glad i did, since i got a few different styles of tanks - different tanks perform "optimally" at different voltages. preference also plays a big role in "optimal" performance.

Pumpehh

Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
The ARO winder kit is the better of the 2 due to the winder being variable voltage which will allow you to dial up the voltage for more vapor if needed

Welcome to the ECF
9pribk.gif
295xrtd.gif
9pribk.gif

Thank you for the advice and the welcome. I greatly appreciate it. But the other dude that posted in here recommending the kit off of vapedojo seemed confident about it and it also looks like a wonderful deal. Thoughts?

Pumpehh

Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
hello pumpehh! welcome to ECF :D

i'd have to second dakota jim about the winder kit. i'm also new to vaping, and my first and current battery is the winder in the 1300 mAh model. it last for two and a half days on average for me, casually vaping.

i'd get a variable voltage battery for your first. i'm very glad i did, since i got a few different styles of tanks - different tanks perform "optimally" at different voltages. preference also plays a big role in "optimal" performance.

Im leaning that way. Thank you for the reply. But the reply i received about the kit off of vapedojo seemed wonderful, thoughts?

Pumpehh

Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
You might want to check out 101Vape. You can get a lot of the same products as elsewhere for cheaper.

But the following is the little kit that started me:

Katana Kit

Thank you for the reply. But i was also recommended having a vv device as my first, do you think i should follow that path?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Thank you for the reply. But i was also recommended having a vv device as my first, do you think i should follow that path?[/URL]

If cost is a factor, you could get 2 set voltage batteries for about the cost of one VV. I vaped a set voltage PV for years starting out, you just need to watch the ohms of the coils you purchase. A couple bottles of juice and you're set.

inkb0n3s

ECF Veteran
Dec 31, 2013
minnesota
you're welcome!

hmm. i know kangertech stuff is very popular because of its reliability and ease of use, from hearsay. from personal experience, i have not had an issue at all with the winder, and LOVE the vv option.

this all comes down to how much you're willing to spend. the katana kit that cjlaity started out with is very attractive because it is good product for under twenty dollars (not including shipping). the aro winder kit is a little more than two times the cost, but comes with a nice zipper case, two replacement coils, and a tank comparable to the tank included in the katana kit. both come with chargers, otherwise that would be a serious deal breaker for me.

if you are willing to spend a little more, i'd say go with the winder kit. if you're really trying to pinch pennies, go with the katana kit.

now, if either one offered you free juice.... that would be the deal maker for me. haha, good luck on making a decision :)

edit: also, what sugar_and_spice said - you'll be able to use more things without having to worry about getting tanks with different ohm ratings.

Last edited:

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
Hello everyone, I just discovered these forums with the hope of gaining some knowledge regarding the vaping world. I've been vaping for about 6 months now, and have only been using White Cloud's disposables.
I am planning on upgrading. I have an extremely low budget and am torn between two kits now.
I would like a lot of vapor and a solid kit in general. I apologize for my lack of knowledge regarding the forums and also vaping in general, im extremely new. Thank you for your time.

this is a great set up, get each of these - then when you get more cash get another...

- Innokin iTaste VV (V3) Express kit - 101 Vape
- Kanger Protank II mini - 101 Vape

or you can watch this and see when they come 'BACK In Stock'

- Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV

good luck and WELCOME to ECF :toast:

Pumpehh

Jan 3, 2014
Ohio
you're welcome!

hmm. i know kangertech stuff is very popular because of its reliability and ease of use, from hearsay. from personal experience, i have not had an issue at all with the winder, and LOVE the vv option.

this all comes down to how much you're willing to spend. the katana kit that cjlaity started out with is very attractive because it is good product for under twenty dollars (not including shipping). the aro winder kit is a little more than two times the cost, but comes with a nice zipper case, two replacement coils, and a tank comparable to the tank included in the katana kit. both come with chargers, otherwise that would be a serious deal breaker for me.

if you are willing to spend a little more, i'd say go with the winder kit. if you're really trying to pinch pennies, go with the katana kit.

now, if either one offered you free juice.... that would be the deal maker for me. haha, good luck on making a decision :)

edit: also, what sugar_and_spice said - you'll be able to use more things without having to worry about getting tanks with different ohm ratings.

Thank you for the lengthy response, i greatly appreciate it. But i feel like i should start with the katana in order to have some money to buy a sampler pack or two of juice from that site. I can buy a vv later if i feel the need. Any recommendations on sampler packs? Other than the ones on vapedojo.

sky4it

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2013
Minnesota
i broke one of my Aro's man, the tip snapped right off,

I lost another one, think i left it in the house and cant get it,

truthfully who has tried both ???, heard one guy say that the evod has lesser airflow, man you gots to have airflow to have vape you know, dont know if he right or not, but the aro is a nice unit, but i dont like em on ego batts, no i dont, i like em on a VV mod yep i do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread