Need some help with my Reo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Cuzzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Virginia Beach
I just got a Reo grand a little over a week ago, and have loved every minute of owning it, until tonight....

For some reason it is sucking up juice like crazy! Not talking a nice auto feed like some have talked about, more like a tight draw leading to my drip tip filling with liquid. Any ideas?

I am using a Reo Grand with a Cisco spec 306 atty and a drip tip.

Thanks,

Chief

Rhapsodies Fire

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2010
Bow, WA, USA
www.reosmods.com
Hi Cheif! It sounds like the atty is clogged up. To start, I would remove it and blow it out. Put it back on and see if that makes a difference. I would ultimately put a fresh atomizer on there and clean the one with the tight draw. Keep us posted! :)

*edit....is there juice in the reservoir? Perhaps a q-tip through the reservoir to clean it out and the threads might help.

Chief Cuzzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Virginia Beach
Knew that was going to be the first thing someone said, sorry should have mentioned I did that.

Hi Cheif! It sounds like the atty is clogged up. To start, I would remove it and blow it out. Put it back on and see if that makes a difference. I would ultimately put a fresh atomizer on there and clean the one with the tight draw. Keep us posted! :)

*edit....is there juice in the reservoir? Perhaps a q-tip through the reservoir to clean it out and the threads might help.

Furius

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
I'm just taking a shot in the dark here but is it possible you might have a bit of airflow restriction due to the Atty being screwed on too snug? Try loosening it a bit and see if the draw loosens up. And maybe could be your threads are a little gunked up? Possibly try cleaning the thread with alcohol if somehow liquid got in there? Remove the battery first of course before you do that which I'm sure you already know.

Mvgratz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2011
Alabama

Chief Cuzzo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Virginia Beach

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
Ok I feel dumb, it was the atty, put a new one on and it's working fine now. Didn't think about it because it's only a day old and I am using atomic cinna, didn't think it would gunk up that fast.

The juice might be what is causing your atty problem. It is very hard on an atty. Maybe a cartomizer would work better with that juice and give longer life. If using a atty, you might want to try cleaning it at night before you put it aside. That might make a difference also.

bushmaster

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Colville, WA
I have vaped almost exclusively Atomic Cinnacide for many months in my REO's. I do find them gunking up a bit after awhile--varies from a few days to a week or more. I then soak the atty overnight in alcohol, rinse it out under a hot faucet and set it on the shelf to dry. I keep 5 attys in rotation with this method and it works well. I also drill out a hole in the atty when I notice the draw tightening up some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread