Need tips for a newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjs5406

Jul 15, 2013
pennsylvania
It is not me that is going to be using this. My dad wants to quit smoking and is thinking about trying e-cigs. He ha tried green smoke in the past and did not like it for several reasons. First it was hard to take a drag, and second he also likes to keep his cigarettes in his mouth while he does other things. B/c of the weight of the e-cig it was too heavy to do that and it resulted in him using hi teeth and chewing it a little bit, breaking through the cartridges and that was nasty. What i'm here for is if anyone has any suggestions of an e-cig that would work for him and maybe allow him to chew the tip a little bit without breaking it? Thought about some other types like e-liquid kind of things but I think he would prefer something that had the look and feel of a real cig.

acorn54

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
new york
i don't know of a ecig that was meant to chew on. i think they have to be made of metal composition or else the red hot coil will burn up the cartomizer.
as far as light, i don't know, i'd have to agree that all the ones i have tried are not really conducive to hanging out of the mouth without holding it, the batteries are of metal composition.
i would have to say respectfully, that your father, if he wants to quit analogs will probably have to take breaks and smoke an ecig when he is able to puff on it using the aid of one of his hands.

tteabags

Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
The best cig-like ecig in my opinion would be the NJOY KING. You can order them online, or purchase them at your closest 7/11. The mouth piece is slightly softer than other brands, as to emulate an actual cigarette filter, and the draw feels just like a real cigarette. Not to mention, they're disposable, which I think would suit a new vaper better.

NJOY Kings E-Cigarettes

They sell for about $8 a pop, in the store.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
For me, a 40 year heavy smoker, the weight and balance of even a small e-cig was something I just had to get accustomed to. For the first week or so, I kept trying to hold them in my mouth, and they would just flip out. I even had to get used to the balance in my hand, because I kept trying to hold it by the end, only to have it flip out of my fingers. I don't think you can hold any good e-cig in between your lips or teeth...at least not for long term use.

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
Much has been posted already about the White Cloud minis. Just got my variety order of 10 last night, carrying 3 of them now, different flavors. The difference from the NJOY (as I recall it) is marginal, the price ratio is 44%, and so far the duration seems to be about the same, less than a day with workday usage, so more expensive than analogs ...

If I were trying to introduce a smoker to e-cigs, I would pick up an NJOY from the corner store, and order the White Clouds to keep the budget reasonable ...

I'm a newbie to this, but the vets here who are into disposables seem to favor the White Cloud ...

Gorphus

Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Baton Rouge, La
Another option would be to go with the eGo Mega cartos with the rubber tips on them. I have been hanging my KTS Storm with an 18650 in it by the rubber drip tip on one now for well over a minute now and it isn't going anywhere...so a much lighter eGo style battery wouldn't be a problem! Also, you could try a 510 battery with a carto and a rubber drip tip would work and would be pretty light; just horrible battery life compared to pretty much everything else.

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
It is not me that is going to be using this. My dad wants to quit smoking and is thinking about trying e-cigs. ...

Encourage your Dad to get involved with these forums, and help him figure out how to do it. I've tried to help a lot of people get into vaping over the last few years, and trust me: You can't do it for him. You'll just wind up annoying him, and feeling like some kind of nag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread