Need to save some $$ on my salt nics

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
I really want to try DIY juices. I'm spending a fortune on brand name mixes. I'm using mostly 25 mg/30 mL Mr. salt E brand and some local store salt nic flavors that are even more expensive than the brand. I need to do better with my $ savings so I want to try to mix my own. I need a mixing for dummies tutorial. So far the flavors that I like are the munchies Mr Salt E mixed with a sugar cookie store brand mix together about half and half. Kind of a sweet/sour mix. I also need higher VG because it seems I'm a little sensitive to PG. I am also buying a rebuildable so I can save money on my coils. HELP PLEASE!!

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Okay, so for simplicity sakes, 25% 100 mg/mL nic salt VG, 10ish% flavoring (depending on recipe) and the rest an unflavored 0% plain VG/PG to dilute, correct?

Yes. High VG juice doesn't wick too well sometimes depending on the atomizer. PG is thinner and wicks faster. But you can keep it high VG and add a small amount of distilled water to thin if need be.

Use a juice calculator. Like the one here to get amounts based on percents

New Calculator to try

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Heidi B, most flavors come in PG, so take that into account as far as your ability to tolerate PG. I was at close to max VG (other than about 6--8% flavoring) and found that distilled water helped my mix a great deal. I'd start (if you decide to) at maybe 5% DW (depending on where your flavors settle) and go up from there (not more than 10% is generally recommended).

I tried it reluctantly, and to lower temps in my vape. I was surprised at how it improved wicking, decreased gunking factors, and even improved flavors. I think people often turn to "DW" only if they are PG sensitive, but I found other benefits as well, including decreased temperatures in my tank. However, proceed as you see fit, I just wanted to mention it as I did find it highly beneficial in my mixes.

Best of luck,

Anna

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
Thank you Anna. I think I will go ahead and start off with the 5% DW like you suggested. I'm still having body aches so I really think I am not handling PG all that well. It's still a little early in the game to know for sure but that is the only thing I can really put my finger on to explain the constant body aches/stiffness.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Thank you Anna. I think I will go ahead and start off with the 5% DW like you suggested. I'm still having body aches so I really think I am not handling PG all that well. It's still a little early in the game to know for sure but that is the only thing I can really put my finger on to explain the constant body aches/stiffness.

Are you a recent quitter :) (smoking)? If so your aches may be from withdrawal, here is a great resource A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette section #1 item #7

HeidiB

Mar 14, 2018
Are you a recent quitter :) (smoking)? If so your aches may be from withdrawal, here is a great resource A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette section #1 item #7

Yes, I quit about a month ago. Started off with major flu/cold symptoms and those have been dissipating. It doesn't help that allergy season is just starting up also. I definitely have noticed an increase in my zits from none to some. Lol The headache is better, but the body aches are a definite hindrance. I've been increasing my activity and water intake to try to help out. Also, the dry/itchy skin was another surprising symptom. I thought I was having an allergic reaction to something and kept brainstorming new detergents, soaps, shampoo, clothing material, etc and cannot come up with anything besides what others have noticed with PG sensitivity. Sigh. It's okay. I'm not going back to smoking. I'll just keep tweaking the vaping until I find what works best for me.

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Okay, I got my order in. I ended up going with 48 mg so I don't have to pay extra shipping. Hopefully MFS starts selling nic salts so I can get it all locally.

Good luck with your future mixes, refer to these pages for flavoring % suggestions on the specific ones you're using.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread