Needing iClear 30 feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
I'm going to be reviewing the iClear 30 next, but just like everyone, I also like to be budget minded and I'm not a fan of taking the plunge on something that simply doesn't work (unless it's a freebie!) What does everyone here think of the iClear 30? Do they wick well? Do they give any funky tastes? Do they have any major defects or worries?

Thanks for your input! It's really appreciated!

Last edited:

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
Old or new version?

I have only tried the old version and like it. It's a top coil, so all the top coil stuff is relevant.

The only gripe I have with it is the non replaceable drip tip, and the plastic tank. Mind you, those gripes don't make me not use it, I just wish they had those features.

I don't see the benefit...to me...of upgrading to the new style, simply for the replaceable drip tip. If it was glass, I would have. Maybe their version 3....

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
I received the iclear30s with the VTR purchase from a co-op...I do not know how it will hold up long term but I have found it seems to mute the flavors quite a bit until it has sat over night...those wicks also seem to use a lot of juice....with 0 leaking the tank was only 1/2 full this morning. For someone who has an ADV they use regularly they may wok well.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've tried the Innokin iClear 16 & 30, Kanger Evod and Protank 1 & 2, and Vision Vivi Nova all in the last few months. The iClear 30 was my hands-down favorite. Best flavor of any cartomizer, nearly rivaling my cartotanks. Love the 3 ml juice capacity and the 16 wicks prevent any dry hits with superior wicking. I normally use a Knucklehead drip tip on my cartotanks, so I welcomed the tilting drip tip of the iClear 30. If this were made of pyrex, this would be the perfect clearomizer.

I use these on an iTaste MVP1 and Provari's.

GPSTrucker

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
On the road
The tip was the only thing I didn't like about the 30. Now they give us the option to use the tip of our choice so it's a real winner in my book.

The only down side I can think of is that, compared to something like the Protank 2, it can be a bit messy changing the head on the fly. Oh yeah, and some of them seem to have a pretty tight draw (I think I have something like 10 of them).

I think they deliver very good flavor and vapor. I also agree they do seem to go through juice faster.

lvm111

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Wylie, Texas
Never had a Vivi Nova. But I google imaged one, and it does resemble an iclear. However, I like my iclear 30's. I especially like the rotatable drip tip. I had previously ordered one from fasttech, but it was too loose on my PT2's and other tanks. It didn't fit, very disappointing. That can't happen with the iclear 30 'cause it screws on. Nice.

I'm not going back to non-rotatable tips. I won't. I can't!

And to say "nothing to see here", it's just the best CE4, is not worthy of someone who has almost 7000 posts, IMO, no offense. I like the convenience of a juice tank to take with me to work or wherever. And I'm sure not using a CE4. Not sure what you're using tj9......., or recommending in lieu of an iclear 30, but if it's as practical, I'd like to here it. Please. Thanks.

best regards, larry mac

Last edited:

HawaiiVPR

Moved On
Oct 19, 2013
808 State
There are 2 version of the iclear30-s, one with same drip tip as the original iclear30, and one with a removable drip tip. (technically, they are both "removable" but the latter will allow you to use a drip tip of your choice)

DiscountVapers.com is the only vendor at moment that I know that carries the removable drip tip iclear30-s.

I posted an initial review here w/ some pics for your reference: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/tank-reviews/483549-new-iclear30-s-w-removable-tip.html

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
I really think the iclear16's are in a different class than the ce4's.

Yes, they may look the same on styling, but the center post design on the iclear16's being so much slimmer prevents choking off the wicks, which is a common problem in the ce4 design. Thus, no dry hits with the iclear16's.

and sure, the iclear30's look like a nova, but the taste is much better imo out of a 30 than a nova. maybe it is the dual coil design, or the extra wicks, IDK. But I also find the QC much better on the replacement heads of the iclears than the novas(or ce4's for that matter)

Yes, the iclears are clearomizers. Top coil clearomizers. Just like protanks and evods are clearomizers. just bottom coil clearomizers.

Some(like me) prefer the warmer vape and the draw out of top coil clearos compared to bottom coil clearos.

Also, the build quality of the iclears is much better than the standard ce4's. Maybe because there are not alot of knockoffs floating around, IDK. But I have not had any of the problems I had with other clearos that I had with the others(including bottom coil clearos)

of course, saying they are just novas is like saying all cartotanks are the same. Or all genesis style RBA's are the same. or all RDA's are the same.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I'm going to be reviewing the iClear 30 next, but just like everyone, I also like to be budget minded and I'm not a fan of taking the plunge on something that simply doesn't work (unless it's a freebie!) What does everyone here think of the iClear 30? Do they wick well? Do they give any funky tastes? Do they have any major defects or worries?

Thanks for your input! It's really appreciated!

Am I missing something here or are you asking people to tell you what to 'think' in your 'review'?

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
Just to add, if a device is eating up your juice like crazy, it seems as though that's actually a good sign. I once ran across a good head out of a zillion bad ones for one of my certain devices, and that particular head devoured my juice, but actually gave me great tasting vapor all day. Condensation on the inside of the tank also seems to be a good sign, somehow, in my taste tests. If the tank doesn't seem to use juice too much juice, you may be getting a drier hit than you'd like. You really want those wicks to be nice and saturated, especially if you're a long-draw or chain-vaping person. I'm a bit in the middle - I don't chain vape, but my dream preference would be 3 puffs during a 45-second time frame, then being able to let the device sit a minute and repeat those three puffs around 3-4 minutes later. At the very least. On my tests so far with many devices out there, I get one good hit if I let the device sit for about 10 minutes. Not so friendly.

I picked up a new Kanger product today (a local shop was going to charge me $18 for an iClear, I said no way!) and I'll be ordering the iClear from a semi-local shop for $12 on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread