Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
The negative post would have to come out completely and then either the coil or the post would have to make contact with the positive post for there to be a short. The negative post touching anything else inside the atty will complete the circuit in an electrically normal manner, but the vape would go bad.

On a regulated mod you have the safety features of the mod protecting the battery. On a mech mod you don't.

Having said that, using an rda like this isn't the most convenient. I know, I've done it a few times. Once I had some time to work on it I was able to fix the post by taking it out, making the post bigger by peening the end of it, peening around the post hole of the deck to make it a little smaller, and then pressing it back in. After two attempts it became a permanent fix for me. It is however a tricky thing to do if you have no experience with it.

Best of luck with it!

Eric Superczynski

Nov 2, 2019
Naples
The negative post would have to come out completely and then either the coil or the post would have to make contact with the positive post for there to be a short. The negative post touching anything else inside the atty will complete the circuit in an electrically normal manner, but the vape would go bad.

On a regulated mod you have the safety features of the mod protecting the battery. On a mech mod you don't.

Having said that, using an rda like this isn't the most convenient. I know, I've done it a few times. Once I had some time to work on it I was able to fix the post by taking it out, making the post bigger by peening the end of it, peening around the post hole of the deck to make it a little smaller, and then pressing it back in. After two attempts it became a permanent fix for me. It is however a tricky thing to do if you have no experience with it.

Best of luck with it!
This piece of garbage isn't worth the effort. If it resembles the Kennedy 25mm at all, I am not interested. There this no airflow control and there is way too much. The airflow would, be perfect if I could throw in a huge pair of framed staple aliens, but the post holes only allow me to fit a simple clapton, many something slightly larger. My fault for spending soo little on a clone.

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
A loose post will cause the coil resistance to jump around a lot. Using damaged gear with a mech is a very bad plan, and regulated mods (while they can be safer) are know to fail. I would advise not using the damaged RDA at all. When you buy cheap clones, it's always a roll of the dice. Sometimes it will be fantastic, but other times it can be a total train wreck. I've bought a bunch of cheap clone atties (probably over 30 different clones), and only had two bad ones. Good news is, sometimes you will find a $5 clone that will vape pretty much identical to its $100+ authentic it was cloned from.

• Agree
Reactions: T0mmy1977
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread