Nemesis Clone HCigar Spring Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulb787

Mar 6, 2014
Florida
I just bought a nemesis clone and noticed that the button was sticking. When I took it apart it had 2 springs 1 small and 1 big. It also had the small post. I am curious how to put it back together and fix this problem or I want to return it if I can. do you put the post in the slot , then the small spring over it? Or do you put the post in last? Thanks?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
You say 'small post'. Is that the tiny pin that goes into slots in the button and the brass bushing it slides in or something else?

If that's it, you have to put the springs in first, insert the button into the bushing (and don't let them go), line up the pin slots, insert the little pin and screw on the positive contact post screw. I'm going from memory here, so I hope I got it right. I tighten the screw with small needle nose pliers slightly or it will eventually unscrew on its own.

The sticking can usually be addressed by looking for and eliminating any burrs and/or dirt on the switch parts. Use fine sandpaper if you have to for this.

Last edited:

Altramagnus

ECF Veteran
May 23, 2014
Maryland, United States
Smaller spring goes in first, larger spring over it. Then slid the top of the switch over the springs over the post. Line up the slot and slide in the pin (it isn't tight) then screw on the switch post to hold it all together. This must be tight.

I just got a copper Nemesis and the switch id a bit rough compared to my other two. I think the suggestion to sand will fix it, just go slow. FYI it isn't the springs, I also tried magnets and it's the same. It is rough where the bottom post slides up into the top of the switch.

Shawn.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
ya thanks I have been trying that over and over but the button is crunchy and that little pin is like loose? idk?

Smaller spring goes in first, larger spring over it. Then slid the top of the switch over the springs over the post. Line up the slot and slide in the pin (it isn't tight) then screw on the switch post to hold it all together. This must be tight.

I just got a copper Nemesis and the switch id a bit rough compared to my other two. I think the suggestion to sand will fix it, just go slow. FYI it isn't the springs, I also tried magnets and it's the same. It is rough where the bottom post slides up into the top of the switch.

The crunchy can usually be pretty much eliminated by careful use of fine sandpaper to make sure there are no little burrs anywhere. And as Altramagnus wrote above, once you screw in the positive post screw the whole switch assembly will stay together. Yes the little pin is loose in there, but the screw head will hold it in.

Good luck with it :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread