Nemesis Contacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhatRon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2013
Cumming, GA, USA
Has anyone used the Fat Daddy Vapes Nemesis Contacts to replace on an hcigar Nemmy clone and if so how do they compare to the stock ones that comes with the clone? Is it worth purchasing? I noticed today that the voltage drop on my Nemesis was a lot higher than normal and the performance is suffering. I took it all apart and cleaned all surfaces and the problem still persists. I think that arcing may have occurred and the bottom contact has some darker spots that won't come off when I try and clean it off and I would have to press it at a certain spot on the button in order for it to hit well.

Any opinions are appreciated. I also saw that there are some copper contacts on eBay for the Nemesis so I'm debating on getting those too...

icemanistheking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
Bella Vista, AR
I'm sure their contacts are fine...they are just silver-plated screws.

By the way, those dark spots that won't come off might be the silver plating starting to wear off. You have to clean the tarnish off (when the contacts start looking white rather than silver) with some kind of silver polish/cream or it will eventually happen.

wrath186

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Scranton, PA
I'm sure their contacts are fine...they are just silver-plated screws.

By the way, those dark spots that won't come off might be the silver plating starting to wear off. You have to clean the tarnish off (when the contacts start looking white rather than silver) with some kind of silver polish/cream or it will eventually happen.

As an aside. I have a jeweler's cloth that polishes sterling silver. I use it for buffing up pocket watches. That might work as well.

young gotti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2012
PA
i have the upgraded contacts from them, i love them, allows you to use the beauty rings but never had the no contact problems i got with the other ones

the one problem i've had is that i didn't order two sets, my brass nemmy hit fine but i wanted to see if it was better with the upgrade, it was but now the beauty ring is stuck and no chance the original top pin is big enough, so i have to switch the top pin if i want to switch mods

WilsonR

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Arlington, VA
I ran into the same thing. The bottom contact has dark spots on them and they will not come off. Not even if I scraped my nail on it. I tried jewelry cloth, cloth used to clean TVs, etc.

I'm not sure if thats the reason the button gets really hot when I pull back to back or if its just me being the cause of the heat. Either way, I'm looking for better contacts and I want to upgrade to a magnet switch. I love the way my Hades and Magneto work with the magnets. That spring just causes misfires all the time.

I'm trying hard to see if I can get copper pins from somewhere and get away from the plated ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread