Nemmy clone vs. nemmy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
lol i could care less about purists. i have tried and tried to get the real thing, just not meant to be? if the opportunity arises i will get one, but in the mean time im going to get the readily available version if i can find a documented example of acceptable voltage drop

The Nemesis/Chemesis thread that crxwee linked has a post by a fello that bought a set of authentic nemmy contact and dropped them in the $30 clone and did a drop test. Identical when you spend an extra $12 for the contacts.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
I haven't compared the two I have a Nemmy and its a nice mod. Voltage drop is not to much of a factor and is kind of over rated. I have mods with Brass contacts Brass is like 65% less conductive than silver. I honestly can not notice much difference. If your considering buying a cheep imitation, I dont think the little fine details that make the original better will concern you. Some of the higher end mods GG, Chi You, EA use Brass and they work exceptionally.

If you want quality and craftsman ship buy the Nemmy if you want cheap buy the fake and live with the lesser mod for the price. But I dont think voltage drop would be a real factor unless you are one who pays attention to the small details, but if that were the case a fake would not be in your cross hairs in the first place.

jwelborn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2009
Cape Coral, FL
This has been discussed extensivley on the CaliVapers site (hope there was no rule against mentioning another site). The engraving on the clone is not as deep as on the real one. Other than that, I have been led to understand they are virtually identical. However, I only own a real one.

As to purists, I believe in rewarding the innovator/originator and if I bought a clone I would prefer that it not be an exact copy down to the symbols and names engraved on it. It's sort of like buying a fake Rolex watch. The item is meant to deceive. However, I see not too much wrong with buying an exact clone so long as the person has no intention of buying the real thing and does not hold it out ot the world as an original. Of course, this will drop the resale value of originals with a copy so close being distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread