The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Nemmy clone vs. nemmy?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by bfrie, Oct 6, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bfrie

bfrie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

anyone here own both? is there a difference in voltage drop between the 2? been trying to get my hands on a nemmy for awhile now and am giving up hope. want to know if the clone will suffice.

2. Randizzard

Randizzard Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 11, 2013
    Pittsburgh, pa
    I've heard nothing but good between the two an I've got mine in the mail.

3. joeybear

joeybear Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 17, 2013
    Southeast Wisconsin
    From what I've heard, both work exactly the same. Only real difference is where they're made and price.

4. bfrie

anyone have a clone in hand and can do a v drop test?

5. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
  6. bfrie

lol i could care less about purists. i have tried and tried to get the real thing, just not meant to be? if the opportunity arises i will get one, but in the mean time im going to get the readily available version if i can find a documented example of acceptable voltage drop

7. Scarey

Scarey Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 14, 2013
    Lafayette, IN, USA
    The Nemesis/Chemesis thread that crxwee linked has a post by a fello that bought a set of authentic nemmy contact and dropped them in the $30 clone and did a drop test. Identical when you spend an extra $12 for the contacts.

8. State O' Flux

State O' Flux Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2013
    Seattle
    But they are all available at Finnvape, save for the brass edition... so I'm afraid I don't understand, unless you're trying to get one cheaper than as priced.

9. 011COACH

011COACH Full Member

Sep 19, 2013
    Balkans
    The clones are just, well, clones. Why even put the logo on it? On the other hand, a $10 no-logo "copy" would be nice.

If you really want an original, I'll sell you mine for $1250... :evil:

10. bfrie

Never heard of finnvape until now

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

11. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Also in stock at pink-mule. Try coupon code mulehår. Not sure if it works tho.

12. Aphex9

Aphex9 Full Member

Sep 29, 2013
    Guam
    I think the engraving is a big difference. Some people have been able to polish the engraving on clones completely off. Good luck, I'm waiting for an authentic Nemisis, until then, I've got my 69.

13. SissySpike

SissySpike Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    I haven't compared the two I have a Nemmy and its a nice mod. Voltage drop is not to much of a factor and is kind of over rated. I have mods with Brass contacts Brass is like 65% less conductive than silver. I honestly can not notice much difference. If your considering buying a cheep imitation, I dont think the little fine details that make the original better will concern you. Some of the higher end mods GG, Chi You, EA use Brass and they work exceptionally.

If you want quality and craftsman ship buy the Nemmy if you want cheap buy the fake and live with the lesser mod for the price. But I dont think voltage drop would be a real factor unless you are one who pays attention to the small details, but if that were the case a fake would not be in your cross hairs in the first place.

14. bfrie

I do pay attention to fine details. The clone would be used until I can get a real one, them used as an out and about beater

15. bfrie

Are finnvape and pink mule verified suppliers? Not trying to get burned here

16. bluecat

bluecat Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Cincy
    Honestly, I would have preferred the clone nemy without the stuff on it.

17. WattWick

WattWick Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 16, 2013
    Cold Norway
    Good question... how can one know if any reseller is verified? Can't seem to find any official list.

18. jwelborn

jwelborn Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 30, 2009
    Clermont, FL
    This has been discussed extensivley on the CaliVapers site (hope there was no rule against mentioning another site). The engraving on the clone is not as deep as on the real one. Other than that, I have been led to understand they are virtually identical. However, I only own a real one.

As to purists, I believe in rewarding the innovator/originator and if I bought a clone I would prefer that it not be an exact copy down to the symbols and names engraved on it. It's sort of like buying a fake Rolex watch. The item is meant to deceive. However, I see not too much wrong with buying an exact clone so long as the person has no intention of buying the real thing and does not hold it out ot the world as an original. Of course, this will drop the resale value of originals with a copy so close being distribution.

19. SissySpike

SissySpike Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    Ive ordered from Finnvape never had any issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.