Oily copper nemesis clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
Can anyone help me figure out why my copper nemmy clone is always so oily? Maybe I have oily hands. This is my first mech mod and I don't have a SS to compare it with. I clean it every other day with soap and water, I also use toothpaste once a week to keep the threads clean for "voltage drop". I've had this clone for over a month and been trying to get a little patina going but I think hcigar uses a clear coat on it so it's taking a long time to patina.

Thanks in advance

Hawaiian Nate

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
Wisconsin
your juice is most likely leaking onto your mod possibly thru air holes

Naw I thought about that but it's not that kind oil. The bottom of my atty is squeaky clean, the o-rings are good too. If it was my juice, then it would smell like the juice but it just smells like oily copper. It's not saturated oily, just slightly smooth like when you just put lotion on, if that makes any sense. Maybe I just got oily hands lol. Gonna pick up a SS mod next and see if it's the same. I really love my copper mod. It's my first mech mod. But it reminds me of my pimply oily face in high school lol.

Ryan Lee

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2014
Kansas
www.youtube.com
I just got a polished stainless caravela in a few days ago and am having the same damn issue as you. The this is so slippery lol. My nemesis was copper, and never felt oily. But this stainless vela is oily as all get out. I mean it slides right out of my hand when I go to fire it if i'm not careful lol. It looks so amazing, but damn that slipperyness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread