New, and an eGo question. Is what I bought a REAL Joye product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draketh

Jul 20, 2012
AZ
Hi everyone. I've been vaping for awhile now and never registered for any forums or anything like that until now. I know what I'm doing, I understand the hardware, science, terms, etc. behind vaping.

For my every day carry around I haven't found anything I'm happier with than the eGo style batteries/PV.

I just purchased this:

Joye ego-T Upgrade Pass-thru, Joyetech Upgrade Pass Through, Joye ego-T

It is a passthrough with the 5-click on/off feature, and once it is in the off position you can change it from regulated to unrelated voltage. Regulated the LED is white. Unregulated the LED is orange.

Even though it says its a genuine Joye product, and it looks like one, I'm skeptical. First of all, I haven't really found anything else like it for sale too many other places, and can't really find that much info on it even. I've seen it called the eGo-T Upgrade, eGo-T2, etc.

Here is why I have my doubts.

1. It came in a Joyetech box. However, there were no instructions, no anything. Just a battery in a box and the USB cable. The side of the box has check boxes for eGo-C, eGo-T, eGo, Black, Stainless, 650mAh, 900mAh, and 1000mAh. I've seen counterfeits with fake boxes. You can buy a fake PS3 controller on Amazon right now that has fake packaging, and looks just like a real one until you take the controller apart.

2. The button LED is White. All of the genuine Joye batteries I own have a Blue LED.

3. I absolutely cannot find ANY information on this product on Joye's website. There's no page for it, no mention of it, and no manual. The only thing that comes close is the eGo-C 'Upgrade' battery that doesn't work as a passthrough.

4. The battery says eGo-T Upgrade on the bottom, with the Upgrade under the eGo-T. There is no 'TM' next to the labeling like most of their genuine batteries.

5. The box it came in had a sticker over top of eGo-T that said 'eGo-T 2'

6. When you plug it in through the usb port on the bottom, there is no indication of charging when using either a USB port on a PC, or a 5A capable wall USB adapter. The "charging" light if you can call it that only comes on when the battery is plugged in, and you click the button once. It's Red and after a few hours of being plugged in hasn't changed color.

Can anyone help to tell if this is a REAL Joye product/battery or did I get duped? I've seen so many different variations of this battery, from a LED bar style display on the side, to the button changing to up to four different colors I have no idea whats real and whats a knockoff anymore....

Thanks!

lotsoffish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Buffalo, New York
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread