• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

new and need help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so im new to this whole vapeing thing and really wanna give up somking. so i have been doing a lot of looking the past week but am still overwhelmed with all the selection... i thought i had it narowed down to the joye 510 started kit but can seemed to find them anywhere besides GRBC and there out of stock altho canadavape has a 510 made by tureman will that work with joye attachments? also i was wonder why i wouldn't just buy from sites like greensmoke or epuffer.com? so i guess what im asking is:

1) what is the best kit for me to start with ? im looking for something close to the size of a regular cigearette that i can try cartos, tanks, dripping, with. i dont really care about battery life cause i can always have one on charge (im always near a computer or outlet)

2)whay not buy from greensmoke or epuffer, or places like that?
ok any help would be awsome thank you!!

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I ain't in Canada, but I'll pop in and answer the most obvious and universal questions. You want batteries that are eGo/510... that way you can fit any popular carto tank or clearomizer. Grab a few eGo batts... from 350 to 1300 mAh, with any number of features from pass-through to variable voltage or both.
If you want to step up from that, get a Innokin iTaste VV-VW 3.0 and you have both VV and VW in a self-contained 800 mAh battery... if you like that, you can get a fancier, more costly VV-VW, like a Provari for example, later.

Here's a good example of a great US vendor entry level, or even easy to deal with intermediate kit... perhaps one of the best deals in the US, with first class eGos and clearomizers.

C

Eileithia

ECF Veteran
Apr 13, 2011
Cambridge, ON, CANADA
ok so im new to this whole vapeing thing and really wanna give up somking. so i have been doing a lot of looking the past week but am still overwhelmed with all the selection... i thought i had it narowed down to the joye 510 started kit but can seemed to find them anywhere besides GRBC and there out of stock altho canadavape has a 510 made by tureman will that work with joye attachments? also i was wonder why i wouldn't just buy from sites like greensmoke or epuffer.com? so i guess what im asking is:

1) what is the best kit for me to start with ? im looking for something close to the size of a regular cigearette that i can try cartos, tanks, dripping, with. i dont really care about battery life cause i can always have one on charge (im always near a computer or outlet)

2)whay not buy from greensmoke or epuffer, or places like that?
ok any help would be awsome thank you!!

If you're looking for a cig-a-like there are a couple options from people who have stock in Canada.

HappyVaper.com - Located in Toronto - Has a variety of kits available. Always had excellent customer service from them. They do have 510 kits, but if you're looking for a portable cig-a-like I'd say have a look at the Redds Kit. This is a mini KR808 style (808 threading) with a PCC and a bunch of blank cartos (Akin to a Bloog/Volt). This is a very simple fill and go system that packs enough punch to get you off the stinkies until you decide you're looking for something more. Happy vaper does not sell nic juice, so you will need a 2nd source for that.

Canvape.com. They offer Joytech Kits with and without a PCC. 510 threading probably has more options available, but for a small battery you're still pretty limited in what you can put on it. You won't be able to use dual coils, or any crazy low resistance attys.

If you're willing to go up to a slightly larger battery, I'd say get a couple ego Twist batteries. They are barely more expensive than standard ego batteries, but have Variable Voltage which gives you a lot more customization to your vaping needs. You'll have much more variety in what you can connect to these devices if you want to get into the world of tanks, dual coil cartos, and various other ego connected devices.

Canvape does have juice available, but you will need to register and verify with them to purchase with nicotine for age verification.

Evelwmn

Moved On
Mar 4, 2010
Canada
evelvaper.blog.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

SASmith

ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2013
Abbotsford, B.C. Canada
Hi newfie296 and welcome to the forum, most people who start out with a cigalike upgrade pretty quickly, although there are people who remain perfectly happy with them. You didn't mention how much you smoke and that can make a difference in what you are satisfied with.

For the ability to use a variety of juice delivery systems, I would recommend some type of Ego C battery and preferably a ego twist, this will give you the ability to use a wide variety of delivery systems, you didn't mention clearomizers, but I like them a lot, items like the evod or viva nova mini.

I was a 2 pad smoker and had over the years tried almost every method to quit, several years ago I tried a cigalike called zerotar and it also didn't work, just not enough vapor to simulate smoking for me. About four months ago I found this forum and after much research and a lot of help I finally decided on an ego C twist kit and wow has it ever worked for me. This is the kit I purchased :

https://www.canvape.com/product-p/ultwistkit.htm

Zurd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2010
Montréal
im looking for something close to the size of a regular cigearette

Problem with small ecig look-alike cigarette is that the battery doesn't last long. Check out the mAh, the more, the better. Mine is 2250 mAh, last me about 12 hours, if you get something at like 300-400 mAh, it'll probably give you one or 2 hours of vaping then it needs to be recharged, quite a pain.

fourtytwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
I agree with all the comments pointing you towards an eGo format as a starting point.
They are not that large and don't really look that strange.
Almost everyone getting into vaping is concerned about the looks and want acig-alike so they blend in. I was one of them.
A 650mAh eGo twist with a clearo on top is not much thicker or longer then a nice pen and will give you a lot of performance.
The biggest problems with the cig-alikes are the lack of battery life and flexibility.
You mention that you wish to try out tanks, different cartos and dripping. The small format of a cig-alike will not have the power to drive many of the advanced accessories you may want to try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread