New and picky!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melin

Dec 27, 2012
Norway
Hello good people!

I'm new to this, and I am trying to buy the setup that will work for me, instead of a starterpack that will not suit my needs and cravings. I have used a lot of time on reading, and think it might be time for me to do some asking. I want a vv battery, and Joye eGo c twist 1000 mAh is so far my choice. But then i start having problems;) i really think the more vg options of oil will fit me best, and have problems with what to choose. Clearomizers do not work too good with the thicker vg, true? Can someone help me finding something to use with preferably 100% vg and have lots of room for oil(3ml?) so i will not need to change tank to often. I am kinda clueless when it comes to this part of the setup, and any tips would help alot!

tazardar

Nov 1, 2010
germany
I wouldn't worry so much about the perfect pick on your first setup. You can't go wrong with a eGo twist and something like the ego C, CE4 clearos or a vivi nova(big, 3,5ml tank and easily rebuildable). Use that to figure out which flavors, nicotine level and resistance you like and then see where you can go from there.

Pure VG is a problem sometimes, but you'll run in to that problem with almost every atty. You can add a drop or two of distilled water to thin it. That usually resolves that issue.

Mustang73064

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
Mustang, OK
100% VG is thick and you may want to look into a bottom feeder, i.e. Kanger T3. As mentioned above you can always thin out the VG a tad with a few drops of Distilled Water.

A 1300mAh Spinner will work also and they seem to be on sale for the holidays.

29981108.jpg

noi_max

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2012
Portland OR
The variable voltage "stick" batteries are what I started with and what I still use now. This was my first move from the gas station portables.
For delivery I have 3 vivi nova tanks and a cartomizer tank that fit well and look nice on my devices.

If you do wind up with a 3ml or larger tank, they have thread sleeves that fit the whole kit together nicely.
eGo Thread Sleeve Type C Large Tank - Fits All Std eGos CHROME [gv-egoTYPEC-LargeTankeGoThreadSl] - $2.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

VG juice has a LOT of vapor, but muted flavor and less throat hit. PG juice is the opposite. Less Vapor, better flavor translation and more throat hit.. I have juices that are 70/30 PG/VG respectively and some 50/50. Unless you have some allergies to PG, you may want to start with a mixture of the 2. 70/30 is really common, and what you'll likely find in a lot of vendors' sample packs.

If you're just starting out, a good round figure of about 50-70 ml of juice to try is a good number. Many vendors have samplers in 3-6ml bottles so you can try different flavors, and the clearomizers, like the Vivi Nova or Kangers, are simple to clean out and refill with different flavors.

I recommend 2 batteries, at least one if not 2 chargers (I keep one in the car) and at least one delivery device with thread sleeve and about 50ml of juice samplers.
I keep 2 batteries in rotation so that I always have something to vape with. They also make pass-through batteries that will allow you to charge while vaping, although I don't think they come in a variable voltage type.

Once you find a juice you love to use all the time, or an "all-day vape" as they say around here, you can re-order in larger volumes and save a little $$ and hassle. If you love the flavor, but want to try different concentrations of PG/VG or nicotine content, or even extra flavoring, most juice suppliers can accommodate that easily.

Hope this is helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread